Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I jumped into tearing the topend of my bike down with plans of an easy 686 upgrade. I was wrong... The idiot who worked on it last didn't put one of the c clips in so the pin rubbed a huge gash in the sleeve. Then I find a crack in the left case by the cam chain journal. That is no big deal I can tig that right up but it just goes to show you that you can't trust everyone you come across. The good news to the deal means that I have a whole lot of new parts on the way... 11:1 piston, new sleeve, stage 2 cam, new valve springs, Gytr airbox eliminator kit, and of course a new cometic gasket set. Wife is a little pissed but oh well. I will be faster than before and she doesn't like it when I tell her it is just money and I will make more tomarrow!!!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Thats why it always scares me to have anyone working on my quad aside from me. Some people just dont know what the hell they are doing. Unfortunatly I dont know how to do much in the way of internal engine stuff so I just hope everytime I am getting someone who knows their shit.

Glad you can fix everything andnew parts are always a plus. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
doord521 said:
Wife is a little pissed but oh well. I will be faster than before and she doesn't like it when I tell her it is just money and I will make more tomarrow!!!
My wife is beyond pissed at me right now, for my rebuild. :lol:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
rt said:
My wife is beyond pissed at me right now, for my rebuild. :lol:
Most women just dont understand. :stickpoke:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
My wife gave up a long time ago. She doesn't even say anything now, but she knows all the UPS and FedEx drivers by name. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
maxb750 said:
my wife said "its me or the bike!!!".............i'm going to miss her.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Well, fortunately my wife rides too. So as long as I keep her quad running and throw a little bling or some go-fast goodies her way now and then, she's cool. She's actually not a half bad rider either, the first time we went to Little Sahara, she had only been on her quad maybe 3-4 times. She wanted a t-shirt that said Sand Mountain on it, I told her she had to climb it first (mostly kidding....mostly) so she says OK, let's go. First run, she goes about 100 ft and turns around and comes back (tried to hit it in first gear) and asks for advice. I tell her hit it in third and when you feel it start to run out of power, downshift to second, that will carry you to the top. And then, up she goes - no problem. I follow her up, we come down, and she wants to do it again to prove the first time wasn't a fluke. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts