Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a nice stock 2004 660 with the opportunity to buy a clean 2006 700. The sale price minus an offer for my 660 will leave a $1,000 difference. I have never ridden a Raptor 700. I'm sure others here have made this same upgrade, and am interested in what you have to say. Is the $1,000 money well spent?

·
Registered
749 Posts
i did the upgrade as well with a minimal difference in money. the 700 was practically new and had such low hours that i was getting a beautiful quad and owed practically nothing on it. you'll be very happy!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
The 700 is way nicer handles better takes off faster easier to keep front donw at sametime.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I did the switch and haven't looked back yet.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Best money you'll ever spend!!!

Brian

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well here's the latest. I'm commited now. I have received a deposit on the 660 and it should be gone later today.

Last year I made the upgrade from my old Grizzly 660 to the Grizzly 700 with power steering. I was shocked at the difference and have loved the EFI. That trade only cost me about $500.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Unless you had a lot of suspension and power modifications to the 660, you should be happy with the swap. Which is good, since you're committed.

Don't forget to show us the new 700 when you get it :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unless you had a lot of suspension and power modifications to the 660, you should be happy with the swap. Which is good, since you're committed.

Don't forget to show us the new 700 when you get it :)
I'm committed for sure....the 660 left yesterday! I can't pick up the 700 until Friday. In the meantime, I'm getting my education here on the 700. This bike is a stock '06 with nerfs, skids, and a steering damper. I don't know if I'll add big 3 mods or not. I prefer a more quiet exhaust due to proximity of houses. Any input on a full system that isn't too loud? I have no plans to go into the engine.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
You can find a lot of single and dual exhausts that are at or under 96db with quiet cores.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I have super cool neighbors. DMC duals no quiet cores. Loud but not near as loud as the sparks single Chris has.
I know most viewers hate this video.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Other than cost, what drawbacks come with duals? Would they flow too much for a stock engine? Space/fitment considerations?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
That was stock engine just fci pc5 DMC duals. I didn't think they flow to much for stock engine. Watch out you add the big3 see how much it responds to it. Then the mod bug you got 3-4k in engine. Then you have to mod the brakes shocks swinger.

·
Registered
415 Posts
i have a sparks single that isn't that loud. with the quiet end cap it is supposed to be 96db. if it is tho idk.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
I would get the big 3 with duals and some quiet cores. Proximity of neighbors is somewhat of an issue. I just dont need the cops around LOL.

I dont know anything about the 660 i just know i love that EFI its an awesome quad...

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Me and my neighbors got a understanding. I can ride all day long just not above idle after about 8:30pm we cool what scared me I got out the neighborhood hit west 8th on way to store about mile away I come around a curve and flew by 2 cops parked in some apartments.

·
Registered
415 Posts
ok so you were scared because your loud, you were speeding, or that it is illegal to ride on the street? :lol: i will be in that boat too. mine will be right in the middle of town too. i have been trying to plan my escape route for a bit now. :nana: kiss my :moon: coppers!!!! :lol:

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
ok so you were scared because your loud, you were speeding, or that it is illegal to ride on the street? :lol: i will be in that boat too. mine will be right in the middle of town too. i have been trying to plan my escape route for a bit now. :nana: kiss my :moon: coppers!!!! :lol:
All of the above,lol. They just left me alone I live in Cincinnati about 8 miles from downtown,lol. Maybe they had other things on thier plate. Never been back to store unless streets covered in snow.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts