Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a rolling Raptor chassis from a local Polaris dealer. Turns out they bought it as a complete unit on eBay a year ago because they needed a working 660 motor for a customer's Raptor that got screwed up by one of their techs (who is no longer employed there). So now they have this rolling chassis leftover.

It looks like a 2003 model, black limited edition with yellow decals. The plastic is kinda thrashed (I'd replace it), but the whole frame, wheels, tires, swingarm, suspension, shocks, radiator, headlights, bars, keyswitch and keys, exhaust, pipe, shifter, levers, seat (in good condition), gas tank, chain, etc, etc, etc are all there. It's been sitting outside for a year, though.

Any idea what it's worth?

Thanks!

Rob

·
Registered
14 Posts
i don't think it is worth $999.99 buy it now.i just got 03 stock 660R out of police lot for $700.00. runs good had bent axle and both back wheels.payed $1800.00 for my 02 668R hot cam k&n lrd full pipe gytr bumper gytr grab bar dg nerf bars and frame gaurds itp wheels 85% holeshots.a moter on ebay will cost $1000.00 to $1500.00

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm a bit miffed they put it on eBay because we were working a deal. I think they told me reserve is at $799... that's not too bad I guess.

Rob

·
Registered
988 Posts
I managed to sell my 2001 w\ a broken Tranny for $2000......but 660s really arnt huge in value

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree the 660's aren't high in value, but a rolling chassis is what I want, not because I want to put a 660 in it, but because I want to put an R6 motor in it. I can get an R6 motor complete for $1000-1500 depending on age and miles, and by the time I get new plastic and figure out how to shoehorn the thing into the Raptor frame, I oughta have about the same amount in it as a regular used Raptor 660... only with 120 hp.

It'll make a helluva dune machine, that's for sure...

Rob

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
i got my 03 660R for $2400 its perfect, plastics arnt great though. im about to start working on putting an R6 in a banshee frame. dont want to pull a perfectly good motor out of my rappy, plus i want something a little lower to the ground with all that power

·
Registered
14 Posts
just make a list of parts you will need. try find some cost's of the parts on ebay or atv junkyard.an see if what you can pay for a roller.just my 2 cent's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts