Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So during my pursuit of a Raptor 700r. I find myself getting sick of these private party sellers not returning calls or emails and some just think their quads are gold with low time on them and great condition. To me the differance between these quads is a few hrs to none and 6 month warranty to no warranty at all. Im not sure if these ads are fake or not but why would anyone even try to get $6000 for a used '09 se although in great shape with low hrs but NO warranty! for another $1,100 I can get a leftover '09 with 0 miles and 6 month warranty. in your opinion, how much would a used '09se in excellent shape lose value once the warranty is up. All stock 500 miles? I have a quote for $7,130 otd for a new '09se unit.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
The remaining balance of the factory warranty has almost zero monetary value to me. The only benefit is that it means I know exactly how long that atv has been in private hands and that it's still rather new. The actual coverage itself means nothing to me once it's left the lot and another owner has put it through it's paces.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much does an atv's value drop once it leaves a dealer. not too often do people buy and than sell with any remaining warranty. Considering these are sport quads and more than likely beat to shit and still look good they are a risk since you dont know what they've been through.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Depends on the area, there are some places where you can get a leftover older 700 new otd for under 6k, and other locations where anything under 8 otd is a bargain.

The KBB price on a used 09 in my area (midwest) is in the low 5k range, and that sounds about right to me.

I am not an economist or expert by any means, but for atvs of this type I'd say about 15-20% of the value is lost the moment it leaves the dealership for the first time.

·
Dirty Lil Bastard
602 Posts
Where are you located? I sell you my 08 and it's got plenty of goodies on it for $4000 today.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
I've seen new leftover 08s for $4995.00 and 09s for $5495.00 BIN on Ebay. In this area (central Fl.) nice used 09, 08, 07 are going for $5000.00 - $2500.00.

·
Registered
291 Posts
So during my pursuit of a Raptor 700r. I find myself getting sick of these private party sellers not returning calls or emails and some just think their quads are gold with low time on them and great condition. To me the differance between these quads is a few hrs to none and 6 month warranty to no warranty at all. Im not sure if these ads are fake or not but why would anyone even try to get $6000 for a used '09 se although in great shape with low hrs but NO warranty! for another $1,100 I can get a leftover '09 with 0 miles and 6 month warranty. in your opinion, how much would a used '09se in excellent shape lose value once the warranty is up. All stock 500 miles? I have a quote for $7,130 otd for a new '09se unit.
Hard to place an exact value on a warranty but it's definitely worth something. There is always the possibility that you will have a problem with your quad 30 days after buying it that IS covered by the warranty. This might save you hundreds of dollars. For me I'd pay around $300 for a 6 month warranty vs no warranty.

·
Dirty Lil Bastard
602 Posts
Get the shipping lined up and send me the money and I'll ship send it up. I just got my DS shipped in from Florida for about $500

1 - 9 of 9 Posts