Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i did my first valve adjustment three days ago and just got to ride her..one i had like 35-40 hrs on it now, i know took forever to do valve adj. but o-well, but i did now notice this thing has more ass then before, the valves were really tight. so i loosened them up roughlyin the middle of the reccomended tollerence. now when running @ mid to high rpm the valves sound like they are rattling a bit is this ok???? will it go away, i just cannot remember what it sounded like brandnew thats all..

·
Registered
584 Posts
If you know you set them right then I wouldnt worry. Your probably alittle paranoid like I was. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well iam a little paranoid, they are in specs but just sounds weird to me, runs great... like a raped ape.. it was unbelievable the diff from tight valves and loose valves, i guess the looser the better for power ,i may open it back up and recheck them to make certian they are ok.. just a pain to take the plastic and tank off to do so..

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yep if you set them to spec they are a tad louder. A month ago I listed to mine a few times compared to other forum members and though holy jesus but after rechecking mine they were dead on in spec. The biggest error I've found from others who called me when I did the write up was them not using MM and using the INCH numbers....

Mike

·
Registered
241 Posts
A feeler gauge so you can check the clearences

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah a feeler gauge... dont buy the tappet adj. tool from the dealer.. i did thinking i needed it and found out you dont.. just use your fingers to spin the tappet.. now i wasted 10.00 for the tool and dont need it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
now i know how to save ten dollars. :lol:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the noise i heard was ok. i was paranoid, it did it when i bought it and it went away and when i adjusted them it came back, my stealership told me it was ok, so good to go..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts