Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after breakin when you go to adjust your valves, how many really need adjusting. are most of you finding that they are still in spec. or do you have to adjust them? :3question:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Still in spec, many hours of sand riding, and one year!

·
Registered
556 Posts
It depends on who set them up at Yamaha. For instance my 2007 450F dirtbike was WAY wrong from the start. It was half of what it should have been. I would check them for sure now after seeing it on the bike after break in and then 25 hours just to see. After that I would do like 50 hours or so. They are all hand set...no machine does this.

Again ...I'm doing the Raptor 700 and the 2 350's I own Sunday and will see. I wish I would have done it right away.

Mike

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have checked them twice within the 7 months that I have owned mine and they have remained in spec. I do a lot of riding too. :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Awesome....I hope mine are to. I've already got well over 100+ hours and have only had it about 3 months. I would still checkem every 50 hours....besides it's free to just check :grin_nod:

Mike

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the helpful info!!!!! ;)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Mine were pretty tight at 20hrs, probably recheck next weekend.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
my intake valves were real tight, didnt have any play at all. i had the bike 6 months before i adjusted the valves w/ alot of hours. the exhaust were just a little loose.
def. sounds like a good idea to check them not long after you get your bike I heard a few ppl saying they found them to be tight from factory

1 - 8 of 8 Posts