Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know when do most do a valve adjustment maintenance? And is it difficult on the Raptor 700?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
I'd suggest doing it yearly if not a little more. If it starts getting hard to start then more than likely it needs a adjustment. It isn't that hard at all just a little time consuming, there should be a write up around here somewhere.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd suggest doing it yearly if not a little more. If it starts getting hard to start then more than likely it needs a adjustment. It isn't that hard at all just a little time consuming, there should be a write up around here somewhere.
ok I appreciate it because I just wanted to see when most would do it, and with mine being 2016 with around 70 some hours I'd like to know when most consider to get it done.
thanks

Reactions: Garyhawthorne824

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,186 Posts
On a new motor (yours) I would do it sooner for the first time. Who knows what was done at the factory and then seating of parts. The hardest part is taking off all the plastic.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I've took off the plastics before, and I have the proper tools. I've just didn't know if getting to them were hard or when I should do it. I appreciate the advice most definitely.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,186 Posts
As Cammy said, use your manual for the procedure. I think the specs are on your air cleaner lid. Don't have a manual, it's available here on the forum somewhere. Maybe 'Morphrider" can chime in with it.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
The first adjustment should be 20 hours into a brand new motor, and every 160 hours after that. I adjusted mine and checked them 80 hours later and they hadn't moved at ALL. It's good to keep an eye on them, but these motors do not need frequent adjustments like a 450. Set it once and leave it for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,070 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,070 Posts
Reactions: enfamale and Cammy

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
34 Posts
I haven't done any adjustments for a couples years now is that bad? Also my raptor has developed a slight ticking noise when it warms up. Is it bad to ride with valves not adjusted perfectly?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts