Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...just want to get a few opinions on this before I start.

I was planning on racing my quad 2 weekends ago in a GPX series race and two nights before, I was going over the bike to make sure everything was in good working order. Well I went to chack my oil and low and behold the oil box was empty. :3question: :eek: Now I changed the oil not too long ago ad I did it at the same time I changed the oil in my Z400.

Ok...for the obvious...I looked the bike over and can not find any signs of leaks from the crankcase, filter, oil box, or drain plug. There is also no oil on the floor underneath the bike. Also it does not smoke while riding...it will blow a little black smoke when I start it up and rev it high but that's about it..nothing that appears too serious.

I'm planning on pulling the engine to hone out the cylinder and replace the rings as I can think that is the only logical problem, that I must be getting some blow by in the cylinder.

So has anyone experienced this and have any advice on it?

Oh...BTW I ended up racing the Z400 and took 1st in the class and 4th overall...not too bad.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i had this problem on my raptor. turned out the air filter was clogged. the lack of air/back pressure causes the oil not to be all scrapped off the cylinder wall

·
Registered
137 Posts
Do you have a larger aftermarket tank :3question:

·
Registered
343 Posts
i think mine burns a little between oil changes. sometimes not always i have to add a little. i think that giving it hell allows some to pass by.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts