Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help:I bought the vapor and installed it today and i thought i would make it look cool by putting it into the plastic key mount piece.... well needless to say it looks like shit and i was wondering which dash should i get and where should i buy it from and would i have to change bars or can i keep the ones i have? anything will help thanx in advance :help:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
with the oversized bars is there like a combo thing that comes with dash key mount and bars? if there is would all my stock handle grips and all those things bolt right up to it? i noticed with the stock dash kit it doesn't have a spot for a key..

·
Registered
132 Posts
i cut out a hole big enough for the trail tech on mine,and bolted from under, looks fine to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JD700R said:
i cut out a hole big enough for the trail tech on mine,and bolted from under, looks fine to me.
yeah thats what i was going for when i tried to cut mine cause i saw your pics in a post somewhere but mine really turned out like shit lol...i think what i'm looking for is something like this i guess
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=186&navTitle=Control&webCatId=12&prodFamilyId=16560
are the X-bars any good and will all my stock stuff fit on them?

·
Registered
132 Posts
yeah,it was tricky cutting out the hole,i cut the f--k out of my finger in the prosses.just took sometime to get it to fit right.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah lol i nicked up under my thumb nail somehow hurts like hell i was using a box cutter lol..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
767 Posts
I have that exact combo, install is a breeze, looks and works great! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hi ,i'll buy the same combo, in an other post someone told that i should buy the hi or double hi handlebar version and risers. What model do you have. I'll buy the vapor with his dash

·
Registered
120 Posts
JD700R
looks good :thumbsup:
i'm doing mine right now. how did you run the wires?
over the bars or down by the breather tube?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Diddly said:
How do you like the X-bar? is it that much different than stock?

·
Registered
767 Posts
blue_Streak23 said:
Diddly said:
I only had about 2 hours of ride time on the stock bars so it's hard to compare. I am 6' 3" and went with the high bend plus the barclamp has a bit of rise, much more natural in a stand up position now.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Diddly said:
blue_Streak23 said:
Diddly said:
I only had about 2 hours of ride time on the stock bars so it's hard to compare. I am 6' 3" and went with the high bend plus the barclamp has a bit of rise, much more natural in a stand up position now.
yeah i'm 6'3" also i think the rise from it will feel a little better also.. usually when i'm standing up i'm bent over trying to grip the bars with the stock ones really gets on my nerves slouching over like that :( guess i'll find out monday when they get here 8)

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have the 1-1/8" X-bars (in black) and the matching dashboard. This is a VERY sweet setup which I highly recommend. I'm 6-0 and am fine with the std. bend, but I don't know the diff either!

·
Registered
767 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Nice pics :thumbsup: Is the steering stem the oem or aftermarket? Is this the cr hi? Do you have problem with the tank gas on a full turn? Is higher or lower than the oem handlebar? Too many questions...... :unsure:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Stock stem, Trailtech clamp, and high bend X-bars. Not even close to the tank cover.

·
Registered
767 Posts
blackraptor said:
You forgot the last one ;) higher or lower? thanks :thumbsup:
Higher

1 - 20 of 21 Posts