Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'll be riding in the trails this weekend for the first time with the new Vapor/dash on...plus the new handlebars. i've done some research and seem to have the right settings for everything else, and the speedo is spot on after checking with a GPS.

No clue what to put the RPM setting at though?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Should be at around 1800 at idle. You'll know if your on the wrong setting cause the tach will ba waaaay off. I beleive it was 1. ppm or maybe .5 try them both and find the one that reads 1800 at idle. :)

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i found some of FL Wood's settings he posted in another thread and those are the ones I went by. I believe it's 1.0, so that's what mine is set at now.

What is your tach set at when your light goes off?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
You mean the yellow and red shift lights? I set the yellow at 6500 and the red at 7500! It depends on your powercurve though. Wherever the powercurve starts falling off set your yellow there and your red at a few hundred before redline. Also set your temp yellow at 215 and the temp red at 225 I think...... The thermostat opens around 215.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol ya sorry the shift lights...I couldn't think of their name. Wow really that high? I can't imagine I'd shift that high at all, but that's something I can play around with. And the temp I believe I have those settings in there, so I should be good to go! Thanks for your help! Curious as to what speed I can reach now lol

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I have a hunch that whatever speed you can reach is going to be scary lol! And yeah that's what I set the shift lights at but you don't have to actually shift that high. They're usefull when your drag racing so you can take full advantage of your powercurve. Oh and also don't spray the screen with your pressure washer haha! Did you figure out the tire size and calibrate your speedo?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you ever notice any glitches with yours getting wet? Not from the pressure washer or hose, but I'm wondering for times like getting caught in the rain, or if it rains when we're all camping overnight. It says waterproof, but I'm wondering how waterproof!

And yep, the speedo should all be calculated correctly I believe. It was perfect while riding up and back on the road with a gps on my lap.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah I use a pressure washer to clean my bike and I have brushed over the vapor before. Sometimes when the sun starts beating down on the vapor it will fog up a little bit inside. But it has never affected the performance of the unit so I'm not too concerned. And it has sat outside overnight in the rain before as well. But it is pretty waterproof as far as I can tell so don't worry about it getting wet.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
the rpm or ppm should be set a 1

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah that's it 1, I couldn't remember it's been so long LOL thanks Scott :beer:

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys! looking forward to riding (in the shitty weather) this weekend to try this thing out!

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
LOL sounds fun! It has rained here 28 out of 29 days this last month! So I don'tknow if it's like that over there but if it is then don't forget your raingear haha! Hopefullysummer is almost here. I'm soooo ready for some vitamin D :)

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
the reason i know that is some how my vapor reset it self and I called them and they said put it to one and change your battery aleast once a year since the only thing it draws off the atv battery is for the light. here the weather was getting nice then it got cold so last sunday was good but cold and now today it was snowing so something is screewed up. well hopefully its good weather this weekend. where are you riding at, pittsburgh is a little to far for me even though theres more palces out there.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it was flurrying here earlier! WTF. i am soo ready for nice weather as well...just to get outside. my car and snowmobile need shined up lol. my theory is: if there isn't enough snow to ski or ride the sled, then i want it to be 80 outside!

oh yeah you're way over on the other side. i was "kinda" out your way to pick up my snowmobile in lancaster...and that was quite a haul. we're riding at a place called powerline park. it's near the OH/WV border so only about an hour drive for us.
www.powerlinepark.com a lot of pics on the site...that place is insane because you're riding right with the jeeps and lifted monster trucks, so you can stop and take a break and watch them sink their jeeps in the nearby pond lol

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Looks nice kinda reminds me of paragon that was in hazelton but they shut that down like 5 yrs ago. The one time i was behind a jeep and it was kinda cool just to watch the tires wrap around everything it went over driving down the trail.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts