Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
What was the problem with them, and are they doing a recall on all the old ones.

·
Registered
340 Posts
700rider said:
What was the problem with them, and are they doing a recall on all the old ones.
Is there something written about this recall? I haven't received any correspondence from Trail Tech regarding a recall. If you have something 700rider, can you forward it to me?

Frank

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
frankhkp7 said:
700rider said:
Is there something written about this recall? I haven't received any correspondence from Trail Tech regarding a recall. If you have something 700rider, can you forward it to me?

Frank
He said ARE they doing a recall :thumbsup:

·
Registered
340 Posts
whoops, shoulda read that twice! Sorry!! :3question:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Don't hold your breath, on Oct. 10 I was told they were sending out a low voltage replacement Vapor, to replace the one I have now. Well it's Nov. 11, and guess what, no replacement. ::) I sent an email asking what's up last week and still no reply, my gut says that were probably gonna be hung out to dry on this one. :confused: Sure glad I've purchased $300 of Trailtech stuff for my Raptor. ::)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Update;

Talked to TT today, apparantley they now are just changing the tach pickup wire rather than the computer itself. I guess this is why my replacement hasn't shown up as there was a last minute fix developed that was more cost effective and made more sense than a completely different computer for the Raptor. If you'll notice on their website it is no longer called a low voltage Vapor for the Raptor, it now just states that is comes with a resistored RPM sensor. Looks like there may be some hope of them retrofitting all the current Raptor Vapors. I probably wouldn't wait for them to contact you, give them a call and se what they will do for you.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yeah I didn't see anywere in the post were it said they are doing a recal. Just a post that some asked if they were. I will sit on my money for a bit untill it is tried and tru. I am wondering is there a way to add hours? Like if my bike has 10 hours on it, can I add them on so it is acurate? Cause that whole "adding 10 in my head" idea is just to much work! LOL

·
Registered
767 Posts
HappyHour said:
Yeah I didn't see anywere in the post were it said they are doing a recal. Just a post that some asked if they were. I will sit on my money for a bit untill it is tried and tru. I am wondering is there a way to add hours? Like if my bike has 10 hours on it, can I add them on so it is acurate? Cause that whole "adding 10 in my head" idea is just to much work! LOL
According to Trail Tech it is not possible, but there are a few people that know a way around it. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.