Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so am some of you already know im building a 720 stroker from vito's and in the instuctions for the valves springs with the stroker cam it says machine down the center intake 1mm waht exactly does that mean and how should i go abouts doing it thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
ironraptor04 said:
ok so am some of you already know im building a 720 stroker from vito's and in the instuctions for the valves springs with the stroker cam it says machine down the center intake 1mm waht exactly does that mean and how should i go abouts doing it thanks
The best advise would be to take the head and your instructions down to a local machine shop and have them do it. Cost should be very minimal.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Middle valve guide for the center intake valve. I've heard, but it's not been confirmed, that either poor tolerances or just a bad run allowed a lot of 660's to come off the line with the center valve guide improperly set into the head. That said, with some cams you're going to need to do it regardless.

As raptoraz said the local shop should be able to take care of it for you for a small charge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts