Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find the best (easiest, fastest) way to get from Vegas to Dumont Dunes. According to the computer, taking the 160 out of Vegas to through Pahrump and down 373/178 to 127 (112 miles) is shorter than taking the 15 to Baker and up the 127 (127 miles). I see a shorter way which is the Tecopa Rd./Old Spanish Trail Hwy. (100 miles) but figure it may be a bad road or even dirt. I was also concerned about road conditions and any nasty grades. Any feedback would be great.

I would also like to know where to get water and where to dump the toy hauler. Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
We always take the Tecopa road. I travel with a 40ft toy hauler and there is only one hairy spot in the road where you will have to slow down to walking pace for about 1 mile up a winding pass (very narrow), but to go around is a real pain in the butt and will add about 40 mins to the trip. As for dumping, I go to the Tecopa camp grounds(cant rember the exact name). The road forks right in the little town and it is just right up the road. Very easy access.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I take it they have water at that campground also?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Yeah taking Tecopa is supposed to be faster and you can avoid Baker Grade...but remember...it might still get pretty hot during the day. I know a bunch of us are going there for for the weekend before Halloween.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to dumont columbus day weekend.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'll be there also. They are having banshee wars that weekend in case you didn't know. Should be a great weekend, we are coming in full force from Vegas (if everyone shows).

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I know about the banshee wars. There’s nothing like having a bunch of 2 stokes with drag pipes tearing it up all night. I'll be going through Vegas on Friday afternoon on my way to Dumont. Maybe we can play tag :lol: or at least I may see ya on the sand. Where’s the cheap place to buy diesel fuel in Vegas?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I buy my diesel at the shell station on south durango and the 215. I just paid 2.55 a gallon, which is the cheapest that I can find on this side of town. If you let me know what road your taking I can give you directions. I am going to leave early Saturday morning should be there around 8:00, the rest of the group is going down Friday night. We always park beside restroom #3, just look for the 40 ft black and tan bus with a white trailer (not painted to match yet). By the way there is plenty of room for a fifth wheel to get in and out of the station. See you there.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll be comin' down the 15 getting off at Sahara to drop someone off and back on the 15 south at Spring Mountain then and getting off at 160 (Blue Diamond Road) and heading west of course. SPDY1, was that the getty station?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm not sure of the name, but it is at Arby and Durango. Checked today and it was 2.47. Take the 160 to Durango and make a right (North), go about 1.5 miles and it will be on your left. If you hit the 215 you went to far.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i'll be in dumont sunday 15th!! woohoo, hope i can see you guys there, i'll be the guy on the raptor!!hehehe :thumbsup:
with an orange flag!!!
but yeah if your both going to be there we should all meet up!

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
hey if the are having banshee wars, does that mean competition hill will be packed and we won't be able to run it? :3question:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
NEVERMIND, i'm dumb, wrong weekend,.....well it woulda been cool to see banshee wars, but i guess it will be less packed next weekend when i'm there... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
On your way back to Comp, on the left is a hill they now call Banshee Hill. That is where they had the last drags. We are supposed to be heading out the weekend before Halloween...should be packed then.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts