Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Im at a loss here. Thrown alot of money at my Raptor, only to be disappointed on its performance.

Im hoping yall would have some advise on my next step.
My list of mods is as follows

01 Raptor:

03 trans upgrade w/HD trinity clutch
Stock gearing for now

Hotrods +4 crank
Hotrods stroker 102mm piston (CP)
ProTec ported head
Hotcams stroker cam
Titanium springs and retainers
Dyna Ignition
DMC Dual exhaust system
Proflow intake and K/N

Dyno tuned and givin a disappointed number of 49 hp at the wheels.

Im looking at getting KENZ 13:1 stroker piston to hopefully get more out of it.

Any other recommendations? Alot more work or reason to do a 105mm?

Again thanks for any advise you can give.

·
Registered
299 Posts
where was it dynod at? whats altitude?

Id be lookin for a set of FCRs before openin the motor again

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
What was the HP output before the mods? Or, what does a stock 660 make on that dyno? yes 49hp is low, so low in fact that it's completely meaningless without a reference.

You can go higher comp, and maybe squeak out a bit more power, but a set of FCR carbs would be my next step.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I'd being looking at a 3 plug mod first...............

·
Registered
25 Posts
So does the three plug mod really make a notable difference? What kind of cost range is this modification? Who or where can I contact about getting this modification? Thanks

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
So does the three plug mod really make a notable difference? What kind of cost range is this modification? Who or where can I contact about getting this modification? Thanks
Talk to Banshee2Raptor for some feedback to what a 3 plugger did for him.............

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
49 hp I would be questioning the carb jetting too.

What is it jetted at?

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Sounds like either the dyno is off or you have jetting problems. I'm hoping to be a testi to testament to the 3 plug mod soon too!

·
DWR-President
1,966 Posts
Seems low... What is your elevation? I have stock bore and stroke 660 with stock carbs and mods are 11:1, with HC 2 and barker pipes and I hit 52hp.. And it feels like a solid 52.

Seems your tuning or timing or something is off... Or maybe the dyno...

·
Registered
42 Posts
yes there is some thing wrong with you fuel my 01 is 689 with 10to1 piston stage 1 with sparks x6 with 148 150 jetts 25 pilots and it hit 50hp at the wheels

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I'd being looking at a 3 plug mod first...............
Talk to Banshee2Raptor for some feedback to what a 3 plugger did for him.............
Well, I will answer anywho,because I like talking bout it:)..The 3 pluger is the best way to improve your powerband & put your 660 in a whole new class of motor if set up properly. The very 1st thing I notised when she first fired up was how smoth the motor sounded. Then I bliped the throttle & I had INSTANT throttle response, & I mean instant. After a good worm up & some jetting, I got to take her out for a bit. WOW WOW WOW is what I was thinking the whole time. Some people thing that you will loose bottom end with the set up ..Well ya don't, in fact you increase it because your power comes on almost instantly.& top end is AWSOME. She will keep on pulling & pulling & pulling.....so on...
Well I hope this helpes a bit...Ow ya.. I also put a ass woopen on a 700 Raptor & a 720 stroker 660 based motor, several times...& to be honest it was a bad ass woopen...for them:D

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Willy has the capability of reflashing the DYNA ignition reprogrammable for you. Shoot him a PM about it, he is very helpful.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry, took a while to get back on.

Elevation is basically sea level, I ride mostly at Pismo Beach CA.
Dyna is stock tunes I assume, I never reprogrammed them, Im on program 3 Looks like.

I had it dyno tuned at a shop out here that specializes in KTM stuff.
I dont recall what jets are in there now, but im in process in the next few days of removing the carbs to clean them, ill double check then.
Any recommendations or ideas of what jets I should have or start with?

Thanks

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Sorry, took a while to get back on.

Elevation is basically sea level, I ride mostly at Pismo Beach CA.
Dyna is stock tunes I assume, I never reprogrammed them, Im on program 3 Looks like.

I had it dyno tuned at a shop out here that specializes in KTM stuff.
I dont recall what jets are in there now, but im in process in the next few days of removing the carbs to clean them, ill double check then.
Any recommendations or ideas of what jets I should have or start with?

Thanks
First what mods you got, then come the jetting specs.........

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FCRs make that big of an improvement? Ive been looking at doing it, but honestly the prices ive been seeing are whats kept me from it.

Wheres most cost effective way to get FCRs on it? and the 39mms fine?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I posted the original question, mods are
Hotrods 720
Hotcams stroker cam
dyna ignition
proflow intake and DMC exhaust

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I posted the original question, mods are
Hotrods 720
Hotcams stroker cam
dyna ignition
proflow intake and DMC exhaust
Any air box installed or mods to it, and the exhaust, stock or not, got one other question, do you find any difference with the Dyna FS...............

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Air box is installed but modded, basically removed lid and pro flow intake. I have the DMC dual exhaust with dual header.
Dyna ignition, I cant say had major seat of the pants feel, but im assuming i need the map tweaked a bit.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Air box is installed but modded, basically removed lid and pro flow intake. I have the DMC dual exhaust with dual header.
Dyna ignition, I cant say had major seat of the pants feel, but im assuming i need the map tweaked a bit.
#25 pilots, aftermarket needles 1/2 way up and use 160-165 mikuni mains...........

1 - 20 of 25 Posts