Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have used the dobeck fuel controller with the big 3 now for a for about a year now worked fine. since then i have installed the hotcam 3 , 11.5 tec piston and it ran good but could not get the thing tuned perfect only reved good at WOT , the thing ran alright after the install, lift the front at wot in 3rd and 4th with a good tug. last week i installed the pc 5 from tqs and downloaded a map witch was closely matched to my modds and all i can say is wow. It ran good at any throttle position and at wot its seemed to pull much harder, in 4th with a lil tug on the bars the thing would lift the front with ease and was very surprised that with a good tug in 5th gear the thing almost came back on me(with the 15T !) !:eek: i am very pleased with the power commander and figured i would share my experence cheers :beer:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yup, sometimes it's better to get good parts fromthe start, no one is ever done modding

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Where'd you down load map from?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Your next mods should be dynatek and +3tb.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
TQS got a sale on +3's now I think.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your next mods should be dynatek and +3tb.
yes man that is what i was thinking, maybe swap out that hc3 for a hd5050 and p&P, maybe a lil boss noss, i think imm getting the modd bug anyone find a cure yet?:eek:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
also the map i downloaded was a custom pc3 map by Dasa racing that worked on my
pc 5 ,thought that was pretty cool. Found the bike ran much better with the accell pump not enabled (after traying a few different settings, 75-15-15, 80-20-20 etc.)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ouch that one hurts.... Dobeck units are awesome and just need a proper base map/tuner. Sorry if you have had bad luck with them.

Nate
Nate.. I could post some dyno runs dobeck(3 gen) vs pcv to prove my point. Most of the guys with mods already know what's up, just like the op found out the hard way. If you want to see them, i will send them to you through a pm. Let me know if you want to see them;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A shop that sells dobeck's is only out to make $$$. IMO
i found it a pretty cheap soulition at the time, worked just fine with the big 3 i was pleased its a nice peice if u just plan on sticking to the big 3 , but noone seems to do that anyway,:rolleyes:

·
Registered
71 Posts
i found it a pretty cheap soulition at the time, worked just fine with the big 3 i was pleased its a nice peice if u just plan on sticking to the big 3 , but noone seems to do that anyway,:rolleyes:
Did you try a pc vs dobeck on the big 3. There are power gains on just a big 3 build with the pc. Just sayin;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no i didnt but imm sure your right, prolly shoulda got the pc from the start

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
also the map i downloaded was a custom pc3 map by Dasa racing that worked on my
pc 5 ,thought that was pretty cool. Found the bike ran much better with the accell pump not enabled (after traying a few different settings, 75-15-15, 80-20-20 etc.)
Try contacting DL700 he's got a killer map for almost every combo. Every map I got from him was spot on.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks bra imm after trying a few different maps this one seeems to be working perfect with exellent plug color dont think it can get any better but wouldnt hurt to try.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts