Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys...after riding for awhile my hands go really numb and ache(due too carpal tunnel). What can I do to help reduce the vibrations as this I am guessing is whats causing it. Right now I have tag handlebars. Whats the best options I should look at. PLease help guys I cant stand it when I have to stop because my hands cant take it. It can be dangerous too...lol

·
Registered
684 Posts
Anti vibe stem, any brand should work. And maybe a set of flex bars. I have the same problem and trust me this stuff does help.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any good stem suggestions and where I can find the best prices. Ebay has the houser stem and anti vibe mounts for 250. It says +2 stem should I stick with stock height or do they only make the +2. Anyother suggestions would be nice. Thanks Sparky for your opinion

·
Registered
340 Posts
To be as close to vibration free as possible, I'd go with a steering stabilizer, anti vibe stem, flexx bars and the boysen shock outs. you should get enought feed back from the bike with that set up as well as manage the majority of shots your forearms take from general riding. You should think about some forearm exercises also. Start sqeezing the tennis balls bro.

·
Registered
365 Posts
How about some gloves that mechanics use when they are using impact tools. I used them when using chain saws and they work pretty well. You can try Sears, Kragen or a Snap On dealer. They are about $50.00 to $60.00

·
Registered
610 Posts
The latest ATV Action has a couple pages on "arm pump" and fatigue and what to do about it. They mentioned ODI grips and said they lessened hand cramping because they are a slightly larger diameter than most grips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts