Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive had my SE since Nov. and since then (even the night i bought it) ive notticed a noise comming from either the front fender or engine section, it sounds like if something was rataling or loose, does they all had a slight vibration noise? or should i get it looked at :confused:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I've kinda has that too, like if I'm in the powerband and I juice it pretty hard it sounds like it rattles towars the front left of the bike I cant tell what it is...

·
Registered
767 Posts
ILoveRaptors said:
Its the fuel injection, you can hear it feint and it sounds like a rattle.
Do you even own a 700? WTF are you talking about?

I assume that it's probably cam chain slap that you are hearing, likely when you are lugging it a bit?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I only have a reg 700r but I have added 06 YFZ shocks. I have noticed the same thing come to find out its that black plastic liner thing on the shock under the coil. For a little plastic piece sure made alot of noise. Maybe the SE shocks do the same thing dont know if they even have it. Just a thought good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Diddly said:
ILoveRaptors said:

I assume that it's probably cam chain slap that you are hearing, likely when you are lugging it a bit?
Ouch, I assumed it was the fuel injection when I heard it when I gas the throttle, but the chain on the cam sounds more viable.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Diddly said:
ILoveRaptors said:

well even when sitting there,

like the night i brought it home, it was still in my truck and my freinds father herd it to, (i didnt have a plate on yet so i know it wasnt that)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Front plastics vibrating on the top of the headlights maybe? thats what the problem is with mine put some foam tape onto the lights to hold it tight noise gone :thumbsup:

·
Registered
250 Posts
I also have the same sound on my SE :confused: I was thinking it was some kind of slapping of the drive chain on the case saver.... This seams to be an issue with many of our 700's..............

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
mines on the 4th tank of gas and ive heard it sence it was brand new.. idunno :feedback: :wtf: id really like to know

·
Registered
84 Posts
size12 said:
Front plastics vibrating on the top of the headlights maybe? thats what the problem is with mine put some foam tape onto the lights to hold it tight noise gone :thumbsup:
BUMP try padding out the front lights it should stop the noise

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i hear it 2!! i thought it was the little clamps from my a-arm guards i put on, or a rock sitting on top of the a arm guard,or something like that, i will check the fender/light situation and the shock plastic thing,..not sure,but yeah it goes away as soon as i get on it.. :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts