Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was jumping out in glamis yesterday, and well video is pretty self explanatory, so much for a spotter eh? Apparently have some bruised ribs and thats about it, small price to pay i suppose. I also posted some pix of the bike, do you guys this that is just a stator cover, or perhaps some internals got damaged? click first pic for video..
HD version on youtube..

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
son of a bitch dude glad that didn't turn out a lot worse, a second earlier and you get t-boned...

hope you heal up quick..

·
Registered
247 Posts
Dude STRAP YOUR HELMET!!! My best friend just passed in April on his cbr600f4 because his helmet wasn't strapped. EVERYONE WEAR AND STRAP YOUR HELMET!!!

Glad you okay man. And it looks like your flywheel may have taken a beating (hard to tell from the pic), I would definitely check that when you pull your case...

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah bummer man! One hell of a photographer though! Shit he got some great shots all in a matter of a second or two. Must have been on burst mode or somethin!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dude STRAP YOUR HELMET!!! My best friend just passed in April on his cbr600f4 because his helmet wasn't strapped. EVERYONE WEAR AND STRAP YOUR HELMET!!!

Glad you okay man. And it looks like your flywheel may have taken a beating (hard to tell from the pic), I would definitely check that when you pull your case...
i believe that is just a stator cover? Im hoping not too spendy? hoping no internal damage i have no idea how it even got hit no other damage around there and i even have nerf bars and they are ok. I thought my helmet was strapped but apparently not good enough or maybe i went to itch or something earlier and un did it, def going to invest in neck brace and chest protector.

Are you guys able to see the video? It wont let me view when i click on it? Seems like a problem with you tube?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah bummer man! One hell of a photographer though! Shit he got some great shots all in a matter of a second or two. Must have been on burst mode or somethin!
I just cut several shots out of the video

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
video is working....check ebay for that stator cover

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yea the video came up just fine. And it was prob your foot/boot smashing into the case that smashed it...

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
then im having photobucket problems, i cant get it to go, and when i clikc the pix in photobucket they dont do anything just pops up a blank box and gives me the codes to insert pic, ill restart pix..

My upper a-arm looks bent, but i cannot find a bend in it anyway so i dont know its weird, when metal bends i should physically see the bend, hope its not the frame that got twisted or something, ill have to go look again, hopefully my lower arm is good and my shocks

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I just cut several shots out of the video
Oh I gotchya haha! Anyway bummer man but I'm sure you'll get her put back together in no time. Did it do much damage to the rail?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh I gotchya haha! Anyway bummer man but I'm sure you'll get her put back together in no time. Did it do much damage to the rail?
im not sure about the rail, my bike was just twisted up in the rail, i went off in an ambulance, and friends brought all my stuff home so just seen my quad earlier, i seen those stator covers on ebay, i emailed them a parts list of things i need trying to get a group thing, sux because my bike has always looked brand new i kept it super clean

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Damn man, rough landing eh !? Good luck with the repairs, happy to hear you weren't hurt too bad - looks like it could've been much worse !

:beer:

·
Addicted To Raptor
255 Posts
WOW....HOLY SH*T.....DAMN.....PHUK.....OMG... well that was luck. Glad your ok man! Get well quick

·
Registered
473 Posts
Wow you are lucky you didn't pop your coconut on the roll cage. Get better man!

·
Registered
392 Posts
wow you really beat the odds on that crash. glad you're ok. its better you hit the rail and the rail didnt hit you. i was out there last weekend, and it was a pretty quiet weekend too. the odds of that happening and the odds of catching it on camera is insane. hope u get ur bike buttoned up and back running.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Dude glad your ok!!!! That sucks!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys, been searching for parts most of the day, while on my pain meds. Came out pretty well overall, both the bike and me could of been a lot worse. It sucks i jumped that thing maybe 10 times prior, and the FIRST time, i pull over ask my friend to video tape it, sure enough the first one over i jump it, seen the buggy right away, had no where to go too bad you cant slow down or steer in the air . I ride alot, and i ride pretty hard, just a heads up to people to wear the proper equipment, i wont ride again without a neck brace and chest protector. Dont make the same mistake I did! Spend that $500 on those two extra pieces of equipment, the price is so minimal

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wow you really beat the odds on that crash. glad you're ok. its better you hit the rail and the rail didnt hit you. i was out there last weekend, and it was a pretty quiet weekend too. the odds of that happening and the odds of catching it on camera is insane. hope u get ur bike buttoned up and back running.
How old are you? where do u usually camp, id like to find more buddies to go out with. Sucks i have two quads and a toy hauler (i have to let a friend borrow my other quad) which something always has to go wrong, he rolled it going in a straight line who knows how, bent bars and steering stem. I get sick of letting people use my stuff and breaking it, then i pay to fix it

1 - 20 of 28 Posts