252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 1st real ride on it

Yes, I know I am going slow, I never left 4th

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will seem even faster once I get the suspension perfect and I am more comfortable on it

·
Registered
386 Posts
nice.. if you want it to go real good i recomend porting the jug ,new reeds,and a good pipe and it will rip.
I built one for my wife last yr and it also has high comp piston,shaved head and flywheel.and it is a little to much for her but it sure is fun for me lol

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice.. if you want it to go real good i recomend porting the jug ,new reeds,and a good pipe and it will rip.
I built one for my wife last yr and it also has high comp piston,shaved head and flywheel.and it is a little to much for her but it sure is fun for me lol
It has Boyesen dual layer power reeds, FMF Fatty pipe, FMF PowerCore silencer and UNI air filter.

·
Registered
383 Posts
tell me you didn't steal your daughters streamer off her tricyle handle bars and stick it on your helmet :oops: LOL, gotta love the lt250r :D I'm currently tearing my motor apart to freshen it up a little. can't wait til its done...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tell me you didn't steal your daughters streamer off her tricyle handle bars and stick it on your helmet :oops: LOL, gotta love the lt250r :D I'm currently tearing my motor apart to freshen it up a little. can't wait til its done...
Nah, they are actually a pair of pigtails. The same company that makes the ponytail, mohawk and spikes for helmets sells them. I got them because I wanted people to think a chic was riding the quad, but I took them off because the wind caused to much stress on my neck.

·
Registered
383 Posts
so how do you like it compared to the 660? I like how light it is altho I haven't ridden mine a whole lot as I tore it apart and haven't finished rebuilding it by far LOL

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Typical two stroke always whining about something:D sounds pretty decent though, u gotta keep it in the power band to have fun,don't b scared of it pin it and go through the gears.they are fun and light kepp it wound up and you'll b in the fun factor. Just don't lug it

·
Registered
383 Posts
He had a modded Raptor 250 before the LT. How are you coming with yours BassHead?
mine is tore apart LOL I have the case halves split out on my back porch (we call them lanai here) waiting on parts dumbazz seller on ebay shipped my gaskets/o rings parcel post which takes 2 months to here so I'm gonna just order a new set. I have my seals but I want to replace the o rings like on the crank and such so I don't suck tranny oil into the crank case. other than that and a few other minor things it's ready to run.

Typical two stroke always whining about something:D sounds pretty decent though, u gotta keep it in the power band to have fun,don't b scared of it pin it and go through the gears.they are fun and light kepp it wound up and you'll b in the fun factor. Just don't lug it
it has a PV motor and can be lugged a little, not anything compared to a open class 4 stroke but far as 2 strokes are concerned they're ok. mine revs up fine from idle if I pin it from a stop it can usually break the tires loose to easily slide ect. haven't had the chance to try to wheelie it yet but when it's rebuilt I will :D

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
[QUOTE

it has a PV motor and can be lugged a little, not anything compared to a open class 4 stroke but far as 2 strokes are concerned they're ok. mine revs up fine from idle if I pin it from a stop it can usually break the tires loose to easily slide ect. haven't had the chance to try to wheelie it yet but when it's rebuilt I will :D[/QUOTE]

Which power valve motor? I have a riding buddy with a 250R with a 350 Pv motor from ct racing it cost like 2500$ its kinda four strokeish it has more mid grunt than normal two stroke

·
Registered
383 Posts
:thumbsup: roger, 87+ motors are pwervalve stock ;)

·
Registered
383 Posts
That seat cover needs to go:lol: I LOVE the bumper and plastics:thumbsup: Good Luck!
I bought it like that, I've actually cleaned the bike up PLENTY since I got it, seat cover is on my list lol, hell when I got it the brakes didn't even work LOL (I still need to get the fronts working better maybe just a bleed who knows), it's seen better days is kind of an understatement but bringing it back to life will be nice specially after I get another one and can redo it quicker :D I still need to add both chain rollers and the slider as they were completely gone tie rod ends ect lol. needs tons of work really still...

B4

after

it's far from done, just working on the motor then will start polishing crap again and add more billet/anodized crap, new bar/pad, probably antivibe stem and fat bars, would like to do wider a arms but I wanna get another LT250r and chop it up and do a hybrid with it and wider a arms on that one. IF it comes out good I'll probably get rid of the 450 hybrid = LT250 w/LT500 motor ;)

·
Registered
383 Posts
jwp- I'm working on a possible bolt on swap arm setup it requires alot of part swapping but if you can get the parts cheap you're stoked

ltz400 arms, spindles, hubs/rotors and if you prefer yfz/700r dual piston calipers or stock z400 (I'm gonna use yfzs w/yfz master cyl) and I'm thinking I will be able to use 16ish" 250r/400ex type shocks from the measurements I pulled without the actual arms on the bike or in my possession lol. we'll find out after, yfz length shocks may work. it widens the bike 2"ish per side. and will use z400 hubs so 4x144 bolt pattern I want it to be bolt on but we'll see.

the ONLY problem with making it bolt on atm, is I'd have to mix/match oem arms with a z400 lower and honda 450r upper (so long forward distance is the same I don't see a problem) if I can't do that, I will put an adjustable ball end on the end of the zuki to make it 1" longer whether I weld a bung on or drill and tap the upper is yet to be determined.

so far with my parts it can be done for $250 less shocks. motion ratio on the setup should be close to that of a z400/250r so 250 vavled shocks would be very close # for # if not the same. so all I need to figure next is sag, droop and make sure the 16-16.5" shocks will work with no binding. if nothing else changed but the distance out of the lower shock it would still work. since I can remove the shock and still get more droop without binding, it tells me I could use a longer shock and still not even begin to bind. BUT if the motion ratio is the same, to keep the ride height or similar (I can choose to go up or down) I may have to use zps shocks which is fine as it will just amount to more travel and valving/springing rates to have a plusher ride :) at least from my understanding thus far. I would like to add at least an inch or so of travel more would be nice but I may have to use long travel arms for that. and the same principles would apply IF I make stock zuki arms fit, I could theoretically make aftermarket arms fit the same.

BUT at that same note, if I mix match arms I would have to piece together a mix matched set of arms again. longer upper and matching length longer lower long travel arm. still work but will require more bank which is generally the case with long arms anyway.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts