Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK so i went out to see if i could find the vin on my 660...
it has a gytr belly skid on it would that cover the vin up?
because i cant find it lol. its the red powercoated frame if that makes any difference??? didnt wory about it due to nevada dont issue titles anymore when i bought it

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
It should be on the left side on the frame. Right in the middle of the tube, right under the engine? That is where mine is at.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
isn't there unless
the power coat is covering it

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any other ideas i tried to do a blk marker then wipe it off but nothing i need to find out what year it is lol i was told it was an 05 is there any other way to find out

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it has a square tubing sub-frame and shock reservoir that is not mounted on the shock, it is on the frame.
??? i dont understand what you mean by that

·
Master of the Electron
15,034 Posts
If it has a square tubing sub-frame and shock reservoir that is not mounted on the shock, it is on the frame.
That's an 01. 01's had aluminum square tube subframe and separate shock reservioir, fed by hose, to the rear shock.

Does it have a push button and pull clutch or a separate, long lever style parking brake - 05 had lever, all others push button.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does it have a push button and pull clutch or a separate, long lever style parking brake - 05 had lever, all others push button.
on the clutch lever it has the button that you push down and pull the parking break unit and lock it down so i guess it is an 04:mad::mad::mad: now im pissed i thought it was a 05 grrrrrrrr

·
Master of the Electron
15,034 Posts
It could be anything from an 01 to 04 - if the rear shock has a piggyback reservior, and the rear subframe is round tubing, at least you know it's not an 01.

Before you get too upset, let's verify my parking brake ID - ANYBODY WITH AN 05? - 05 has a long, separate parking brake lever, not the push button and pull clutch version, right ? ? ?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya i looked up the 05 pb lever and it is not like that one..... whats the going price on the 04 rappy with my upgrades look below

·
Master of the Electron
15,034 Posts
How do you know it's an 04? The only uniquely identifying parts are on 01's and 05's... so, without more info, you only know it's between 02 and 04.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just being honest.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i know its not an o5 lol or an 01 and its the model red frame with white plastics is there any other way to find out year

·
Registered
298 Posts
My 2004 is red with white plastics

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I think it is an '04 also. SegKast had an '04, which was had white plastic, and red frame, he also had an '01 subframe, because it is lighter than the '02-'05

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
i wish my camera was working and i belive the first year for the red frame white plastics were 2004 am i right

·
Master of the Electron
15,034 Posts
Just to play devil's advocate - the red/white plastics fit quite well on an 02...

Assuming they are the original plastics on your bike, and 04 was the first year with red/white, you probably have your answer - but without VIN, you'll never be sure.

Of course, you could open the left side case and measure the flywheel diameter - 04-05 used a slightly larger one-way and flywheel. That would be the only way, other than VIN, that could tell you - large flywheel, old style parking brake - 04!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where does it say that

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ya mine dont say it lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts