Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Degree key??? Are you talking about the thumb screws? If so then yes they are.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
The degree key goes on the crankshaft to line up the flywheel and crankshaft for timing reasons. From what everyone has said on here the last time this question was asked was its not worth the trouble.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The degree key goes on the crankshaft to line up the flywheel and crankshaft for timing reasons. From what everyone has said on here the last time this question was asked was its not worth the trouble.
thanks for the info. maybe ill install the next time i have to remove the flywheel.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
:lol: :lol: I'm retarded. Sleep depervation is attacking my brain. I apologize raprider

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
they come with the vitos jet kit. they replace the fuel screws that are on the bottom of the carbs with easy to access thumb screws so you dont have to fool with taking the carbs off to adjust the screws. i love them

·
Registered
386 Posts
i just bought an alba key from ebay for $12 they proclaim 2.3 hp,im waiting for my new starter clutch to put the key in but they are fairly simple to put in.

·
Registered
386 Posts
i asked the same question about a month ago and willykiller said if i put it in backwards i might see more than 2.3 hp....guess ill find out!!!

·
Master of the Electron
15,059 Posts
I think Willy was being facetious - jokingly implying that it might do better reversed than it would in normally... but NEITHER do much. Unless your engine has a crap load of major mods that could use some timing advance (or retardation), the stock curve is just about perfect. If you go to extreme high compression, there is an advantage to retarding timing.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they come with the vitos jet kit. they replace the fuel screws that are on the bottom of the carbs with easy to access thumb screws so you dont have to fool with taking the carbs off to adjust the screws. i love them
I figured that what you were talking about.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think Willy was being facetious - jokingly implying that it might do better reversed than it would in normally... but NEITHER do much. Unless your engine has a crap load of major mods that could use some timing advance (or retardation), the stock curve is just about perfect. If you go to extreme high compression, there is an advantage to retarding timing.
Looks like I wont be installing it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
i wish that answer was given before i spent the $ on mine

1 - 15 of 15 Posts