Raptor Forum banner

Vote for my paddles

  • 22x11x8 reg 7 pdl (out of stock)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 22x11x10 reg 7 pdl

    Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have asked before and others have too, here are my options from rocky mtn atv.

I mainly go to pismo or sand mtn, NV, but I will be making a trip to glamis in dec.

I have a HMF full pipe
Gytr intake no lid
and tuned prefect with controller

I want 22x11x8 7 paddle extremes but thats not a option

I dont care too much about sliding around, I do care about being competitive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And please explain why you picked a certain one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
You can get the 22x11x8 7-paddle extremes from places other than RMATV. If that's what you want, then paying the extra few bucks for shipping is worth it.

I run 22x11x8 8-paddle extremes. Got them from SMI motorsports.... www.smimotorsports.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I have equal mods and stuck between 22x11x9 8 pdls. or 22x11x8 8 pdls. for certain i'm going with Extremes. I also like the look of 10" wheels, but I was told it may not be enough sidewall for the occasional uphill race @ Dumont. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,446 Posts
20x10x10 8 paddle extremes. I would go with 7 if RM ATV had them. 10" slides better and 8' hooks up better, just need to decide what is more important to you.
 

·
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie
Joined
·
733 Posts
22x11x8 Haulers..................8" wheels are lighter than 10" blue label wheels and the triple buff tires best Sand package for racing!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks so far, from what i check rmatv has the best prices, right now Im leaning on the 22x11x8 or 21x12x8 8 paddles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
I run 20-10-10 8 Paddle Haulers. These have all the traction I could ever want. I would never run a smaller rim unless I was in the desert on knobbies, as opposed to the dunes. Smaller rim with bigger sidewall is good for rim protection if your gonna be in rocky terrain, thats about it. Maybe a softer ride.

Smaller sidewall and bigger rim will slide better.

Ill never understand why anybody would want to raise the center of gravity with a tire larger than 20" for sand use.

If someone was running alot of rocks and or cross country....I could see some 22" rear Holeshots and 23" fronts, but thats really stretching it.
 

·
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie
Joined
·
733 Posts
Glamis700 said:
Ill never understand why anybody would want to raise the center of gravity with a tire larger than 20" for sand use.
With the limitations of gearing options.......Larger tires assist in this.

the only other thing anyone who is fast....really fast........has larger tires.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
I am running 22x11x8 10 paddle taller hauler ultralites.I got a good deal from a friend.I have a stock 07 rapper.I weight 270 in riding gear.I'm not a good drag racer,but I can beat 450's all day long.What a blast! I'm running stock tires up front for now,and have been able to trail ride with no problems, It's been handling great.The 8's seem to be like a drag car tire,Wrinkle wall affect.It's all about the hook up.Third gear power wheelies.awsome! I looking forward to being able to do the 3 mods and 15t.Money permitting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
sikraptor700 said:
thanks so far, from what i check rmatv has the best prices, right now Im leaning on the 22x11x8 or 21x12x8 8 paddles.
21x12x8 8 Paddle Extremes gets my vote for the Sand.

Robe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
Glamis700 said:
I run 20-10-10 8 Paddle Haulers. These have all the traction I could ever want. I would never run a smaller rim unless I was in the desert on knobbies, as opposed to the dunes. Smaller rim with bigger sidewall is good for rim protection if your gonna be in rocky terrain, thats about it. Maybe a softer ride.

Smaller sidewall and bigger rim will slide better.

Ill never understand why anybody would want to raise the center of gravity with a tire larger than 20" for sand use.

If someone was running alot of rocks and or cross country....I could see some 22" rear Holeshots and 23" fronts, but thats really stretching it.
Ditto on this, 20-10-10 8 Paddle Haulers for me. All the traction I need for both racing the hill or cruising the dunes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
22's for clearance. I ride a lot of rutted out deep sand trails and hill shoots. My 20's get me stuck much more often. Not to mention I never see fast guys running 20's when drag racing. Is there anything to that?

Craig,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,016 Posts
20x10x10 8 paddle.

If you aren't into hill shooting, and just want a paddle that hooks up, this would be my choice.

22" would be for the guys that like to go in straight lines or extremely fast. They hook up well, and are a good all around tire.

~Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
OK. Seem like the 20x10x10 8 padles Extreems or Haulers sound about right.

I really need them for ocassional hill runs and for the most part playing in the dunes (throwing it sidways and jumping.) Would you go with Skat's of ITP sand stars? What size Sand Stars would you all suggest?
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top