HP= 84
TQ= 59
Smells = nice and sweet

MR-12
PPG = $22.00
HP = 87
TQ = 61
Smells = strong and must be kept isolated

So there you have it, you have to pay the price to get max HP.

Attachments

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
little bit lean on the MR-12? dunno about double the fuel cost for 1HP

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was going to say a bit rich on the VP-113 and about right on the MR-12. Just my 2 cents, but A/F ratio's may have played just as much effect as the fuel itself.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I richened it up a bit by the end of the day. A/F at 13.2 to 13.4 through most of the top.

Conclusion:

USE MR-12 for race day. (3HP and 3 FT/LBS of TQ) can win a race. Top speed was 108
Use VP113 for everyday riding. Top speed 106.3

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I richened it up a bit by the end of the day. A/F at 13.2 to 13.4 through most of the top.

Conclusion:

USE MR-12 for race day. (3HP and 3 FT/LBS of TQ) can win a race. Top speed was 108
Use VP113 for everyday riding. Top speed 106.3
Using the same map for both fuels or custom tune each?

·
Registered
728 Posts
That's good info. Thanks for posting it up.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
used 2 different curves on the DYNATEK. The maps changed slightly, but just because i wanted to get more HP. You should be able to run same map for both Fuels.

I will by trying the U4.4 which is a cheaper fuel than the MR-12. Oddly enough, the Octane on the MR-12 is 87 and the octane on the VP113 is 113.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
used 2 different curves on the DYNATEK. The maps changed slightly, but just because i wanted to get more HP. You should be able to run same map for both Fuels.

I will by trying the U4.4 which is a cheaper fuel than the MR-12. Oddly enough, the Octane on the MR-12 is 87 and the octane on the VP113 is 113.
87 wow

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
The MR-12 is 87 motor octane, it's R+M/2 is 93 octane which is about the same if not better than premium pump gas in most areas.

The VP113 is 109 motor octane, 118 research octane, 113 R+M/2

For those looking in, the octane number on your corner gas station pump is the sum of the research octane number and the motor octane number divided by 2, typically written as the R+M/2 value.

Keep the different types of octane measurement in mind when comparing fuels.

·
Sand Slinger Extraordinaire
234 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

Although I don't run, or intend to run either of these fuels, it's always nice to see back to back dyno comparisons on different "components", be it parts, fuels, or whatever.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Thanks, def do a comparison with u4.4 since iam gonna run it this year. Good info

1 - 13 of 13 Posts