Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I live in NB Canada (east coast) Im in the process of buying a new 700R Special Edition. There arent any being distributed to the atlantic provinces so I am buying one in ontario.

The dealers website advertises the new 700R SE as having Pro-Armour nerf bars, front bumper and rad cap. I had to wait over a week for them to bring one in and they sent me pics today and it doesnt have any of the pro-armour extras as advertised on their site, and they are telling me that the web design company must have had the wrong info. Ive checked a few dealers sites and they are all mentioning the Pro-Armour stuff. Have any of you guys heard of them coming with this?
The bike they brought in for me doesnt even have the GYTR steel heal gaurds.

Here is a couple links to the advertisement from the dealers.

http://www.powersportscanada.com/ne...1I31I36JAMQ5126R0&veh=244635&CatDesc=&#detail

&

http://www.briansservicecentre.com/showcaseproductdetail.htm?ID=17350337&Brand=40&Type=1508&fm=1

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is the quote from the sites

"Powered by our most potent big-bore Raptor engine ever—686cc of liquid-cooled fuel-injected power—this one will get your undivided attention. Maybe even more impressive is how sweet it is to ride: A thick comfortable seat, adjustable suspension, dual counterbalancers, electric starting and reverse keep things nice and civilized. The Raptor 700R Special Edition features all the same great characteristics as it's Raptor 700R brother, but comes with extras like Pro Armor Nerf Bars, Pro Armor Bumper, Pro Armor Radiator Cover , plus special graphics and colours. Big, broad power. Light weight. Precise handling. Yamaha reliability. That's the Yamaha advantage."

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have that same raptor in the picture, on the official yamaha site they also say it includes GYTR front grab bar and heel guards, but mine did not come with it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I'm not letting it go. I'm trying to get the Pro Armour stuff out of it or at least the gytr. I'm sent a message off to Yamaha head quarter, see what they have to say. prolly another BS excuse tho

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Bottom line, if the advertisement states it, and your paperwork says that your Raptor is supposed to have all of these options on there at time of delivery, then I would not sign on the dotted line until such time as those items are on there. If they are refusing to make good on that deal, then walk out the door. Someone, somewhere is willing to do it. If you don't have it in the paperwork, it doesn't mean a whole lot. Even if that advertisement says that the Raptor is supposed to have all of it, it's similar to buying a new car or truck, if a salesman tells you that you are getting "this option, this option, and this option," and then it isn't in the paperwork and you leave with it, technically, it's your word against theirs. I hope you get them! Looks like a sweet ride!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CDG, I agree with ya, and no it doesnt state it in the ad, But I will make a bit of a fuss about it, worth a try riiiight. like I said, there is no SE versions in the east coast so im kinda stuck with it

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Dealers have to install the extras themselves, they may be packaged separately but I thought the extra parts came in the same crate. I don't like to jump to negative conclusions but others have encountered situations where it sounded like the dealer was simply trying to keep the extras for resale or personal use. If this dealer didn't unpack the crate the dealer they got it from may have ripped them off and are unknowingly trying to pass it on to you as they are ignorant of how an SE is supposed to be equipped.

Dont take delivery until the parts are bolted on, period.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Yeah it sounds like they are keeping the good stuff from you. I see the price of the SE is more then the normal edtion and it says it right in the description that it comes with it so I wold make sure you get it.

On a side note I did see a dealer selling like 3 "GYTR Kits" a few years ago on eBay. Wonder if he scammed them out of people?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I use to work for a Yamaha dealership and the GYTR stuff comes in separately. not even in the same crate. The standard stuff comes in the crate with the SE's. I caught myself once not putting it on, and immediately pulled it off the floor and applied the GYTR pieces. If you paid for a SE those parts are due to you. Call yamaha if they won't give them to you. and make sure the dealership installs them. That way its still under warranty. Hope this helps

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks very much. I've emailed Yamaha twice now with no response. I'm gonna call them today .

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
As has been stated previously, do NOT take delivery until those parts are bolted on the bike. You are paying for them, they need to be on there. You will be lucky to ever see them if you try and get them after leaving with the quad.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well I guess they are not suppose to come with according to Yamaha Canada. The dealership called the yamaha rep and still nothing.

This is the two repsonses I received from Yamaha-motor.ca Customer Service today.

"Good afternoon,

After verification with our Sales and Marketing department, we are confirming those extras don't come with the 2012 Raptor 700SE.

Regards,

Helen Sun "

Did you look at the links that I sent you? They are advertising your bike with those parts, don't you think if a company is advertising something they should back that up?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

I'm sorry, I can't justify what another company is posting as information on their website. Dealers are independently owned and operated, they are not franchised businesses. I would advise you inquire with the dealer in this regard.

Regards,

Helen Sun

·
Registered
281 Posts
I didnt realize that you were from canada. Maybe that makes a difference for parts? But if thats the case what makes the SE a SE?

·
Registered
281 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is really crappy and pisses me off that that advertised it on a canadian. dealer s site. What makes it an se lol the color and a "wavy" rear rotor lol. But I do like the black color. And I'll be the only one on the east coaSt with a 2012 700 SE as far as I know

·
Registered
66 Posts
The main difference between the 700R and the 700R SE is that that SE comes with the GYTR Front Bumper, Heel Guards and Wave Rotor and has the SE colors and graphics packages. That's it from what I have seen. Pro Armor is aftermarket stuff and would have to been bought separately by the dealership.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Ahh, the other shoe drops. If it's not on the Yamaha of Canada official site there's nothing requiring them to offer you something another dealer says comes with it. Sounds like you needed to buy from one of those dealers with the advertisement.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lol I did buy from the dealer with the advertisement lol. That's the Piss off and they tell me that the outsource the Web design company and they don't know where they got their info. Anyways not much I can do. I want the se. There is none issues to the east coast and supposedly only like 3 in Ontario and I got one. So at least it won't be like my 08 yfz 450 where every time I went out I would meet my bike on the trail lol. Looking forward to take delivery o n Wednesday

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey man I live in NB too just outside of Fredericton. I was in Maclean Sports 2 weeks ago and there was a new 700R on the showroom floor, not the SE though. That sounds crazy that there are no Raptors here on the east coast to buy new. I would be pissed if I were in your shoes too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts