Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the most hp i can get with ss/sb? on pump gas
. No budget. No turbo.

Trail riding most of the time and race from time to time.

What would be some good gearing? i have 15/stock

What would it take to hit high 80's ?

·
Registered
776 Posts
A 11.1 compression SB with all the best parts would make low 70s on pump gas.

Go to 14.1 compression and race gas and you will be high 70s, low 80s in HP

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
A 11.1 compression SB with all the best parts would make low 70s on pump gas.

Go to 14.1 compression and race gas and you will be high 70s, low 80s in HP
^ Tom knows his stuff. I won't disclose what my pump gas SB/SS makes in hp, but most of the reputable builders can put you in this area with their headwork and other modifications.

no. mph lol high 80's
With 15/37 gearing and 22" rear tires, I can pull high 90's in mph in the Desert on the power line roads.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Hopefully this summer I'll be gettin my bike done, balls to the wall ss/sb monster on pump gas.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Thats what i want. A ss/sb monster on pump gas lol able to hit high 80's mid 90's mph.
A 70+ HP build will let you pull the gearing you need to accomplish that. I'm not sure what's the big deal about the MPH but whatever your intention is, I'm curious.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well a friend of mine has a yfz with jets intake exhaust cdi dowing mid 80's. so i wanna be hitting mid 90's soi can sorta keep up with him when he does a cam, hcp, and a port.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Been debating myself on which way to go, but probably be bored and stroked. Not concerned with pump gas, although would be nice. I want a high 80's mid 90's (HP) so I know I'll be running over 100mph

·
Registered
776 Posts
I prefer the long rod +6 with a 108 bore, 825cc of reliable high HP without the worry of case problems. Keep the weight as close to center as possible.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I won't have my bike built by then but I cam try to make it up there.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I prefer the long rod +6 with a 108 bore, 825cc of reliable high HP without the worry of case problems. Keep the weight as close to center as possible.
Why 108 vs 105.5...isnt 108 HEAVIER?
6mill long rod...Why not 8mill long rod? I know u prefer long over short rod but we never heard issues ( cylinder crack issues ) with 797/804 setup

What do u think?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ss/sb. On e85. What's the most you can get?
11.5:1
Hd5050
Ported head
Barker duals
Pcv
Fci
Dynatek ign.

Where should it be at? Tuned on e85.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Bigger hole to fill with a 108, you fill it with a good head and you'll make more power over a 105/92. The extra 30 grams is a non issue because the weight is closer to center with the +6. This combo has been proven to make big numbers for it's size.

There have been some issues with cracked cases with the +8s. Unless you are an all out racer and all your bike sees is the track I would keep the stroke as short as possible, plus the motor is over square to start with, so a larger bore helps.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts