Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wanting to cut my plastics but i dont want all the plastic gone. anybody got something like this that i could maybe copy off of? Got any pictures?

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
you don't want to cut the plastic....what kind of riding do you do? cut plastics were a fad with the 450 guys to shave weight for racing at the cost of getting filthy...personally I think it looks dumb. unless your racing mx, or drag I wouldn't do it

·
Registered
386 Posts
be warned that cutting your fenders makes dirt fly lol
i have a 660 and cut my fenders, i personally love the look and the cut fenders did little to cover the +2 aarms that i have.
for most of the yr for me is good but spring is messy.

·
Registered
386 Posts
and tommy i think cut fenders came from the banshee dunners, due to there shape there fenders act like a sail.and when everyone made switch to 450s it just seemed natural. but at any rate cutting your fenders is a personal choice, but will make things dirty

·
Registered
49 Posts
I dont have a raptor i have a 450 and i have my front fenders cut heres a pic.I personly love the look.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
I cut my fronts. Just the outer part and it made it look so much better. The rears I left stock since I couldn't figure out a good cut and still keep most of the dirt off.

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
Here's mine. My friends love it so much I've cut the same lines on their rappy's.

Attachments

·
2,679 Posts
Just about every mx'r out there cuts at least their fronts for visibility reasons so they can see the track, jumps, lines easier. Most keep the rears uncut so they don't have alot of dirt/mud flying around but honestly it's not bad cause I've raced mine cut for 5 years and wouldn't have it any other way.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
when trail riding I put my feet on the front fenders and suck my elbows in to keep from getting splashed by water the from wheels splash so badly I'll come back from a ride soaked and filthy and my buddy on his dirtbike might have a few chunks of mud on him....I'll either hit a puddle doing 2 MPH or 80MPH thats the only way to stay clean

·
Registered
2,121 Posts

·
Just a 78HP trail bike
2,426 Posts
I always cut mine the day I get them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i really like yours devildog. where did you exactly cut the rears. could you get a closer picture possiably? thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here is mine. Turned out sweet I think. Maybe it will give you some ideas.

·
2,679 Posts
Here's the most current pics I have, I'd take new ones but my quad is at a friends right now, had to hide it from Hurricane Irene this weekend haha.

Attachments

·
2,679 Posts
Here's some more, I cut my friends aftermarket plastics. He had the thicker Maier plastics on his so it was alot sturdier than oem plastic so I was able to cut it farther out so it wouldn't flop around, oem flops easily on the rear so I usually cut it closer.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts