Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm Jeff and I was pressured into buying a new 2008 Raptor 700r yesterday by my friend Dale (Dales396lt4) who actually got me into riding in the first place. No matter what he says about forcing me to buy it (I'm sure he will deny it anyway :D ) it's already the best thing I've done for myself in a while. The hard part is waiting for it to get to SC from WY. Its on the way as of this morning though so now I get to watch the clock... :eek:
I found a pretty good deal online and got most of the basic GYTR parts ordered with it (ie. skid plates, Black nerf bars, heal guards and bumper) but that stuff probably wont be here in time for the first ride up in KY. I'm pretty stoked! He's really is a great friend who has been kind enough to teach me to ride on his daughters Honda 300ex. I'm looking forward to all the fun that comes along with it and the forums.
Cheers!

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Hello,
I'm Jeff and I was pressured into buying a new 2008 Raptor 700r yesterday by my friend Dale (Dales396lt4) who actually got me into riding in the first place. No matter what he says about forcing me to buy it (I'm sure he will deny it anyway :D ) it's already the best thing I've done for myself in a while. The hard part is waiting for it to get to SC from WY. Its on the way as of this morning though so now I get to watch the clock... :eek:
I found a pretty good deal online and got most of the basic GYTR parts ordered with it (ie. skid plates, Black nerf bars, heal guards and bumper) but that stuff probably wont be here in time for the first ride up in KY. I'm pretty stoked! He's really is a great friend who has been kind enough to teach me to ride on his daughters Honda 300ex. I'm looking forward to all the fun that comes along with it and the forums.
Cheers!
Right on man! welcome to the forum. You wont be dissapointed in your new rappy and you will get all the best advice from this forum. Be carefull not to catch the mod bug though lol. It's contagious, my wife said i need counseling:D

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts
Right on man! welcome to the forum. You wont be dissapointed in your new rappy and you will get all the best advice from this forum. Be carefull not to catch the mod bug though lol. It's contagious, my wife said i need counseling:D
+1....I won't argue with that. :D

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Man! Thats the real reason I bought all the extra's up front, if it comes with the bike, its not modding :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I think the only other gytr part that you might want would be the clutch kit and skids if your in the dirt! Then a pc5, barker duals, and a good intake, 15t front sprocket, Some haulers or sandstars for the sand depending on your riding preferences, razr2's for the dirt or holeshot hd's if your into mx, Some protapers or some kind of aftermarket 1 1/8 bars so you can get rid of the granny bars. Then when your done with that stuff you can contact dl700 or tqsatv or kbmotorsports for you hd5050 cam and a good piston with a dynatek ignition and coil. This is just my opinion.

·
Registered
400 Posts
It's good to see you have such a good friend. You have made a good choice, you will be happy with this machine. Becareful though, your friends are going to what to borrow it. My friend put the first scratch on mine. Don't let it out of your sight!!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's good to see you have such a good friend. You have made a good choice, you will be happy with this machine. Becareful though, your friends are going to what to borrow it. My friend put the first scratch on mine. Don't let it out of your sight!!
I would trust Dale on it ANY time, heck he has let me ride his built raptor which I really have no business being on...now yet at least. For that matter, Valerie can hop on it too. :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
I would trust Dale on it ANY time, heck he has let me ride his built raptor which I really have no business being on...now yet at least. For that matter, Valerie can hop on it too. :D
Well if I understand correctly he was the one that steered (pushed) you in the right direction. You might have bought something that you latter on would not be happy with. So I guess you do owe him.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I had canceling(mod bug rehab) but I woke up that rehab was for quitters now look at my ever growing signature. Now there's no room left to add more not even one letter,lol!!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
If I get it back within the next week I'm down. It's in Florida I'm up north right now yall gonna have a blast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts