Raptor Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Some dudes were giving me a hard time about it. I'd never actually paid much mind to it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,068 Posts
Either way, everyone knows what you are saying, lol

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Spell how you pronounce this word: wash

I say warsh

Then there are people that say "sawr" for 'saw'. And, ax for ask.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
I think I need an ar10

Reactions: DEZPERADO

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
My first ar platform build. I like how it turned out for the most part, might change to a smaller diameter hand guard though.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Reactions: jsanders347

·
Registered
4,052 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Tell me about the optics.

4 power Trijicon acog and a Trijicon rmr on an offset mount. The setup works pretty well from close to 200 yards or so, which is fine with me because I’m not very proficient further than that.

Knowing what I’ve learned since building this, I wouldn’t buy the acog. It’s a great optic, best clarity of anything I’ve ever owned, but has downsides. Basically had no eye relief, so the charging handle is almost in your nose; and the dual-illumination isn’t the greatest. You have full illuminated reticle day or night without a battery, but if you’re in a dimmer area looking toward a brighter area, you cannot see the reticle. Should’ve gotten the battery version.

the rmr on the other hand is absolutely fantastic. It uses a small battery that supposedly has a 2-year life. It’s very small and lightweight. Made to sit on top a pistol slide, so it can take some abuse as well.

Reactions: jsanders347
41 - 49 of 49 Posts