Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing the four OEM warning labels on my 2017 700R, but I just removed the original labels and like to know if there is any good material to place underneath the aftermarket labels to highlight the white color fenders underneath it. I am attaching a pic of the new label, thank you for your input is always appreciated.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,341 Posts
Black magic marker. I have those same labels on my white one. The black has stayed pretty good for quite a few years, I need to remove the labels and go over them again. Easy enough to do, so if I have to remove them in another 5 years so be it, lol.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,689 Posts
Get some black, (or other color), carbon fiber decal from ebay, or a local graphics shop.

·
Super Moderator
8,341 Posts
Get some black, (or other color), carbon fiber decal from ebay, or a local graphics shop.
I like that idea so much better than mine. It reminded me I had some carbon fiber samples on a shelf. Looked them over and placed an order..

Reactions: DEZPERADO

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am replacing the four OEM warning labels on my 2017 700R, but I just removed the original labels and like to know if there is any good material to place underneath the aftermarket labels to highlight the white color fenders underneath it. I am attaching a pic of the new label, thank you for your input is always appreciated.
Get them powder coated.

·
Super Moderator
8,341 Posts
He is referring to the white plastic itself. That’s why you marker the plastic or put the other label on the plastic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I understand what he's talking about that's why I said get the labels powder coated and that way you wouldn't have to ruin the plastics by painting behind the labels.

·
Super Moderator
8,341 Posts
You could powder coat the labels whatever color you want but would still see the fender behind it. That’s why the carbon fiber graphic is pretty good as well, choose whatever color you want to show through the decals.

Could be I misunderstood him myself.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
You could powder coat the labels whatever color you want but would still see the fender behind it. That’s why the carbon fiber graphic is pretty good as well, choose whatever color you want to show through the decals.

Could be I misunderstood him myself.
Nah, you're right, the OP asked about highlighting the white fenders under the the new cut-out aluminum warning label replacements.

I put window tint behind a set for a friend on a blue Warrior a few years back, and it gave it a nice glossy black look for zero dollars(scrap tint/leftover pieces).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought a roll of carbon fiber to put underneath the new labels, but now I need to know where the washer goes in the rivet, in the front or back , please if you guys know help me, first time using rivets with washers. Also when filling the oil one quart goes in the engine oil tank up front and the other quart goes in the engine oil crankcase filler by the oil filter???

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,341 Posts
I see Dez got you covered in another thread. Post pics when done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts