Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will the factory warranty still apply if i have the PCIII, pro flow, and soon to be LTEs?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright, so say the tranny goes... i wont have a problem with the 3 mods? what about a cam? is that void the warranty right there? and i also adjusted the valves myself.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
so far, you sound pretty safe. but if you have an aftermarket cam and something inside the motor goes to crap, then your warranty won't cover that. Adjusting your valves....hmmm, I'm not sure on that. I wouldn't think it would void your warranty. There are other guys on here that adjust their own valves too.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, i mean the valves are easy to do and i dont see how you can really mess them up, so i dont see why they would have a problem with it.. but i dont have any problems right now with anything, but i was just curious as to what would happen if something does break

·
Registered
580 Posts
to keep the warranty valid you have to show proof (receipts or maintenance log) that you have had the machine serviced every time it was supposed to be. like after the first 10 hours or whatever you have to take it to a stealership and have them change the oil and check everything out, and they will sign and initial the log. if something does break and you can't show proof you had it serviced every time it was due, they're not obligated to fix it under warranty. not to mention the warranty doesn't necessarily cover labor charges like other people on here have said. for those reasons, i canceled my extended 4 yr warranty today. that's an extra $674 to go towards my loan since i just got the raptor and warranty two weeks ago. i figured that since i haven't read about any reliability problems on here, i should be safe to go without a warranty... if not, it'll just have to come out of my pocket! just my 5 cents... :lol: if you read through your warranty paperwork when it comes it spells it out in a little more detail... but it doesn't really mention mods so it's up to your dealer if they'll cover it a lot of times. good luck!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I asked about mods when I bought mine and the dealer said as long as a Certified Yamaha Tech installs it then warranty is still good. :thumbsup: No problems so far but I'm still running stock for now. Im starting to wonder about the PC3's I am seeing more and more about injectors going bad and all seem to have the PC3 might just be coincidence.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i talked to the yamaha dealer. and if you have mods youre still under warranty. as long as they cant prove one of your mods is the reason for a break down. and of course youre mods arnt under warranty from youre dealer. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
lie like a dog, "It's only got two hours on it" :lol: Talked to Yamaha, Raptorfreeek is correct, engine mods will prob. void engine warr. but trans would still be covered. You could always remove your pclll before it goes in too! ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
there is no hour meter so who is to say that u didnt have 200 hrs on the stock sactory oil. Just change it before u bring it in. To make the oil look used if ur raptor wont start run it through ur lawn mower or car then put it in the raptor

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha, i change my oil about every 10 hours anyway... i just like the idea of knowing my engine is being well lubed

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is a law called the warranty act of 1975. It bascially says ur warranty can't be voided for any after market mods unless it directly effects the proplem. They must prove it!!! I work in a ford dealership and see this happen all the time. Like for example we had this kid with a mustang gt and he put a stage 3 clutch in. This causing the trans to go (broke a shift rail). We could not prove it that the cluch caused the proplem. Even though we where 100% certin. He took us to court and won. Here is why they try to void ur warranty Yamaha may pay an hourly rate of $65 and coustmer pay may be $85 an hour. Then all factory tech's work on flat rate pay. So you figure yamahaha will pay 2.5 hours and coustmer pay will 4.0 hours. Plus the parts dept does not make any money. So you figure they may make $165 warranty vs $340. Not counting parts which they mark up from 25% to 35%. This is why they try to void ur warranty so they can make more money. That the best i can descripe if have any questions pm me and i get u through warranty if they will not willingly do it for u. Look i fix cars for a living so bust my balls on spelling and grammer.

·
Registered
250 Posts
You just have to call around and find the right dealer.. I called my closest dealer and asked if I put on the 3 mods and have them check it would that be ok and they said no that they have to be put on by a Yamaha Service Tech. Then they told me they wouldn't be able to do it for a few weeks because they are short handed right now. Then I called one a little farther away and they said I can put them on and don't even have to bring it in for them to check. So I guess it all depends on who you talk to. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
209 Posts
SandDragon said:
lie like a dog, "It's only got two hours on it" :lol: Talked to Yamaha, Raptorfreeek is correct, engine mods will prob. void engine warr. but trans would still be covered. You could always remove your pclll before it goes in too! ;)
So, say you've got the 3 mods, you haven't had the dealership reflash your ecu, you're having motor issues, and you pulled your PCIII before taking your quad in.
Maybe that's not such a good idea. Now your dealer thinks you've been running extremely lean for who knows how long, and your engine problems are very likely to be blamed on you. 3 mods + no extra fuel added = improper installation. DENIED.

·
Registered
250 Posts
You should call the dealer first and ask if it voids the warranty if you put mods on yourself. The one I talked to said that it didn't matter unless it was the direct cause of the problem and then maybe they could pull them off and still try to work around it. They were cool as hell but the other dealer I talked to said they had to have a certified yamaha tech put the stuff on or my warranty would be void.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts