Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a rear shock from a 89 warrior fit on a 250? and if so would it be worth swapping? im aware the warrior has a resi shock in the back, didnt know if it would do anything positive or not...thanks :D

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I'd do a Banshee rear if it will fit. Give me the dimentions of your rear shock, I will go see if it will work...

·
Registered
836 Posts
It probably won't fit..

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Okay, so, can you give me the dimentions of your rear shock? Eye to eye with the rear off the ground? And the space between the mounts?

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Okay... so... go in your garage and measure it! I have a 350, 350 and Banshee have same dimentions, Banshee shock is better.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i can do it tomorrow, but for right now would it be an advantage? my friend has a warrior just sitting around i got this idea while day dreaming in school today lol

·
Registered
608 Posts
we run a modified ktm85 shock with a titainium yz 250 spring;) the shock is a dual piston. so it lets the bike act like one with a link suspension sweet!!!!!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'd do a Banshee rear if it will fit. Give me the dimentions of your rear shock, I will go see if it will work...

Not sure if you got the dimensions yet, but these are the dimensions I got off my 2011 Yamaha Raptor 250 factory shock... ;)

Eye-Eye (Off the ground) = 14.5 inch
Bottom Eye Width (Where bolt goes through) = 1.25 inch

And just wondering, what is the difference between the Raptor 250 and the Banshee shock????

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks Bradley:beer: 13.5" length, 1.5" wide...
Lol, underage can't drink. :confused: So what's the difference between the raptor and the banshee shock?

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Me too:lol:

More travel, it is a big upgrade from the Warrior stock shock, so I can imagine what it would do to the 250!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Me too:lol:

More travel, it is a big upgrade from the Warrior stock shock, so I can imagine what it would do to the 250!
Is the banshee rear shock a remote reservoir and adjustable?

·
Registered
147 Posts
No, it has a piggyback rezzie, very adjustable...
Hm, I don't know if a piggyback would fit in the small gap that we have at the top on the rear... ???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts