Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have on 03 warrior. We got it last year and road it with no problems all season. Put it away for the summer, ran the gas out of the carb and stored it. Pulled it out to get ready to go ride this weekend and couldnt seem to get it to run right. pulled the carb and cleaned it out, Put it back on and it didnt want to run at all. Pulled it, cleanded it repete 3 times. the best i get is it idles with the choke on. when i give it gas it dies. push the choke in and it dies.
any ideas??

·
Registered
554 Posts
The 2 simplist things I can think of would first be the gas. Drain the gas and put fresh gas in. Second since it sounds like it is only wanting to run when the mixture is rich, put in a new plug.

I have a generator that is picky as hell when it comes to older gas, then it will foul the plug.

Try these 2 things and see if they help.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll give that a try. any thing at this point
the gas is about a month old (lawnmower) not too bad but i'll get fresh.
the plug is about 5 rides old.

something else i noticed, it starts with the choke on and idles like normal (low revs not high)
push the choke in, it dies

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sounds to me like you have a pluged jet.....Or maby check you floats if that carb has them. It may not be getting enough fuel. For that mater, check the fuel filter too if it has one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2005 raptor 350. It will barley idlle only when the choke is on a little and dies if i unchoke it. Let me know if anything worked, i havnt had time to start messin with it yet.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys for your help.
it was a cloged carb.tore it compleatly a part (for the third time) sprayed everything with carb cleaner, blew out every hole with compressed air and a rubber tiped nozzel.
put it back together and it ran beautiful!
take your time and make sure every hole is cleane.
good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts