Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookin to put an rpm gauge on. Hate the vapor cause its hard to see like to get a full sweep tach 2inches round not no 5 inch tach. Jus curious wat brands wrk for this pulse setup that's on the 700r

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
You can get a trail tech TTO.

I have one on my pit bike, it's small and works really good.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
You're not going to find much in the way of single cylinder compatible analog guages in that size with a 9k or higher rpm limit.

You can check out the tachs for jr. dragsters, but they aren't made to bounce around at 60 mph so I can't say how long they'll last.

Most have gone digital.

·
Registered
244 Posts
i love my trail tech vapor. pricey but fully featured looks very good when mounted in the center of the handlebars

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a vapor and I hate it. Even if tach only goes to 8000rpm at least it wil give me a general idea of where I'm at wen tuning I'll have to check on those jr drag ones

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think you'll be going digital for sure...msd makes a small 1-12 cylinder programmeable shift light that mounts right on the bars, I know you want a gauge. But all else fails, at least you can set it where you want and it'll light ya up when its time to shift.

I found a mount at pingelonline.com as well as the msd shift light. I've contemplated getting this, but am checking other options as well.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I have a Tiny Tach. It is small, which is nice. It goes over 8,000 rpm, because I got it up to 8,500 rpm earlier. It also has an hour meter when the bike is turned off.

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
The trail tech TTO I have on my pit bike goes up to 20 000 rpms and is also an hour meter, I would suggest you this one.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I just installed a Yamaha Tach/Hour meter on mine today. Didn't even think to search for these other options first, oh well.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I jus hate trail tech I have a vapor I don't wanna be looked at some little numbers at 70 through trails jumps and dirt they hard enough to see jus sittin still unless ur at jus the right angle or sunlight. The shift light idea isn't a bad idea tho I'm for sure gonna look into a few more options I notticed on sone of the turbo kit makers they have a tach on theirs. Wonder if it for show or fuction.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts