Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont wash with a pressure washer, but I found some puddles of water in my airbox after I washed my rappy for the first time. I run with the lid on. Do you guys that run without the lid cover your airbox with something when washing like a trash bag? :confused:

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I run with no lid, even in super muddy conditions, My intake does get a little wet when washing, but everything has been fine so far

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Make sure your airbox is sealed and the lid is secured in place. Make sure you have not lost the small reservoir that is on the bottom of your airbox. It's held in place by a flimsy small circular clip.

~Brian

·
Registered
429 Posts
I run with out a lid, no problems here. I do remove the clear plactic sight on the bottom of the box when I wash the bike so the water runs out. I f it get's real muddy, I remove the filter and cover the opening with a sandwhich bag and a zip tie so I can wash out the air box with the seat removed.

·
Registered
542 Posts
i wash with a powerwasher and before i goto work i shove two handtowels in the intake section of the lid........never had a single drop of water in it afterwards.....sometimes just a damp towel.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
when washing I bag the filter with the seat on and the water catch taken off. Then I stand it up on its tail and pull the filter and put a clean hand towel in the intake then bag the opening, to clean the box and all the area under the seat so water cant sneek in plus I install a muffler plug in the exhaust then pull the plug before i drop it down so now trapped water goes back into the exhaust

·
Registered
912 Posts
I run lid off and when I wash it, the lid goes back on for that short period of time. There has been times when I forgot to put the lid on while pressure washing and I got a small amount of water in the airbox. 8)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought of that too, i think I will go that route. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.