Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can see in the pic the mud was pretty thick! Anyway, it took 3 washing's to finally get it respectable again. When it was clean I dried it & started it. No problems it fired up , idled, got up to temp. but wouldn't throttle up. Checked filter (stock foam with airbox, snorkel & cleaned/oiled before ride) There is water in the airbox . What could it have done to my engine???? Can I dry it out & fire it? Or should I clean out carbs???????????????.................... Any ideas? :confused:

·
Registered
88 Posts
mmmm...is there water in the oil. I would say clean and dry everything and change the oil and filter. Maybe flush the engine while your @ it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oil looks good, but I'll change it anyway....just to be safe......

·
Registered
350 Posts
wxstr said:
oil looks good, but I'll change it anyway....just to be safe......
Empty ALL of it and tilt the bike over so it alllllll comes out. Then put the drain plugs back in and poor 2 quarts in it LEAVING YOUR FILTER OFF AND remove your plug wire from your plug so it will not recieve any spark. Then try to start the bike let the motor pump out all the fluid(will drain from where your filter should be). Do this 1-2 times then put a fresh filter/good filter on it fill er' up and have fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts