Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have been working on a rappy project that I picked up on the cheap with the anticipation of rebuilding the topend. No big deal, but the problem is now milky oil. When I got it, it already had milky oil, I figured it was the head gasket and that was gonna get done when I did the top end, so after getting the top end rebuilt and a new head gasket it still had milky oil, and I mean kinda fast, like within moments of running after a fresh oil change. So I replaced the water pump completely thinking it was a bad mechanical seal. But I just refilled the oil and coolant and it was milky again within 1 minute of running.

The last thing I can think of is when the cylinder got bored out he also resurfaced the top of it because he said it was a bit warped, and the head never got resurfaced. That is the only thing I can think of, what do you guys think???

Thanks

jbi

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
maybe try flushing the oil a few times...there is probably coolant left over from the bad head gasket....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was a thought I had, I think I'll get some cheap diesel oil that doesn't have additives. It might be worth a shot, a little bit of water does go a long way in grubbin up oil. worth a shot

thx

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
That was a thought I had, I think I'll get some cheap diesel oil that doesn't have additives. It might be worth a shot, a little bit of water does go a long way in grubbin up oil. worth a shot

thx
You want oil with lots of detergent to mix the water with the oil............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts