Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so recently I had an engine rebuild and finally got the engine to turn over but then oil mixed w my coolant. I took the water pump back to the dealer. He installed the new mechanical seal and add an oil seal he said I was missing. I have an 07. Im thinking maybe the “oil seal” that was “missing” was never suppose to be there in the first place. Can someone confirm that? I went from slow drips to all of the coolant spilling out once it was added.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
10-4, so that would cause everything to go pouring out of the weep hole? And is there a quick fix I can do like maybe some JB Weld to patch it up? Partzilla is sending a replacement but it probably wont get here until monday.

·
Administrator
9,367 Posts
Quick fixes lead to failure 95% of the time. Leave it on the stand and wait to ride another day, no sense half a$$ing something and cause more damage.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I put the new impeller back in and put the water pump back on and its not pouring out like before but its still dripping. Could it be from air in the lines or something else?

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I put the new impeller back in and put the water pump back on and its not pouring out like before but its still dripping. Could it be from air in the lines or something else?
It's because they are idiots.
They put it together without the white shim, fine, everyone makes mistakes.
But then, said idiots just put the shim on and called it good.
The reason the shim is there is so the rubber seal doesn't get chewed up as the impellar shaft spins...but it did.
Zoom in on the black rubber SEAL on the shaft in your picture...it has chunks missing...and therefore can no longer Seal.
That is your leak.
Auto part Wheel Tire Automotive wheel system Automotive tire

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.