Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious as to what your water temp is while riding according to your Vapor on a warm day, say 70's.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think I noted the fan came on about 195, and I peaked at a little under 210.........this on a 70 degree day in the dunes about two weeks ago. A little higher than my YFZ typically ran, but I wasn't too concerned. I'll be going to Glamis in a week and the temp is supposed to be in the 90s (yikes!), so I'll see what it runs then......

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Mine usually stays around 150 or so on normal riding in temps about 80. The hottest it has gotten was about 205 and the fan didnt come on yet so I wonder if my plugs for the fan still arent perfect. I thought I had them connected in good but I guess not. :unsure:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Before the three mods it usually ran about 170, now it runs 180-190. My fan does not come on until the Vapor reads 210, it has read as high as 215 but the factory overtemp light has never come on. I assume that the Vapor sensor is just off a bit, or the Yammys run real hot. :3question:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys. Mine runs about 180 with normal riding, 190 if i am on the throttle a lot, like on a track and the fan comes on around 220. I wanted to see if my temps were similar to others with mods. I think the vapor is off a little also, i will have to check it out some time. I like having the vapor, but it is pretty much useless when hard riding because you really can not see the numbers or even the shift lights very well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Diddly said:
Before the three mods it usually ran about 170, now it runs 180-190.
Is that normal? It would seem to me that if you're running significantly hotter, your mixture may be a little lean. I'm about to 3mod my Raptor, so I'd like to know what to expect.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Before the three mods it usually ran about 170, now it runs 180-190.

Is that normal? It would seem to me that if you're running significantly hotter, your mixture may be a little lean. I'm about to 3mod my Raptor, so I'd like to know what to expect.
More power equals more heat, so i would say it is normal. Check your plug and richen it up if needed, you could lose power if it is too rich, but it would run cooler. Mine runs between 180-190 also. I will most likely put water wetter in mine when the temperatures get higher in the summer.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I checked my vapor temperature sensor and it was within 1 degree.

·
Registered
767 Posts
t_r_h said:
Yep perfectly normal, as said more power= more heat. I have had the wideband on it and it has a very safe AFR. I'll try to remember to hit it with our temp gun to verify the senor next time I have it at the shop.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Diddly: Yep perfectly normal, as said more power= more heat. I have had the wideband on it and it has a very safe AFR. I'll try to remember to hit it with our temp gun to verify the senor next time I have it at the shop.
I have the same 3 mods as you do, i am curious, what fuel map are you running in your PC III?

·
Registered
767 Posts
blewbayou said:
Diddly: Yep perfectly normal, as said more power= more heat. I have had the wideband on it and it has a very safe AFR. I'll try to remember to hit it with our temp gun to verify the senor next time I have it at the shop.
I have the same 3 mods as you do, i am curious, what fuel map are you running in your PC III?
It's a Fuelmoto supplied map. I'm hitting the dyno soon to fine tune it and can send it to you after.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's a Fuelmoto supplied map. I'm hitting the dyno soon to fine tune it and can send it to you after.

Thanks, i was curious because i got the fuel moto map and i compared it to the one on power commanders site and it is the same one, # 10 i believe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts