Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a pretty sweet product... it comes in a little bottle, available at pretty much any auto parts store. I used to use it on my GSX-R 750, and also a 96 Z-28. Does anyone here use it in their quad? I bet it would be well worth it, since these don't always get a good flow of air through the radiator.

For those of you who haven't heard of it, it's a fluid you add to your coolant that improves the thermal transfer properties of the coolant... much like antifreeze does (its not JUST to keep it from freezing!) However this goes above and beyond regular coolant. A lot of guys use it in race cars and such... typically good for 5-10 degrees lower coolant temps.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have used in in my race cars and works great, plus you can not use anti-freeze in most racing organizations. For our purposes (quads), it really is not worth the difference. Why? It will freeze at 32 degrees, anti-freeze made for our quads has anti corrosive propertys that are a neccesity with aluminum radiators and engines. Water water in race cars is drained and flush quite frequently, like every other race or so. Chances are in a quad it would stay in there all season.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it can be run with just water, but it was designed to work with existing coolant... so you still don't have to worry about freezing or flushing... Its an additive more than a substitute.

From the Redline website:

WaterWetter®

WaterWetter® is a unique wetting agent for cooling systems which reduces coolant temperatures by as much as 30ºF. This liquid product can be used to provide rust and corrosion protection in plain water for racing engines, which provides much better heat transfer properties than glycol-based antifreeze. Or it can be added to new or used antifreeze to improve the heat transfer of ethylene and propylene glycol systems. Designed for modern aluminum, cast iron, copper, brass and bronze systems. Compatible with all antifreezes, including the latest long-life variations.

·
Registered
657 Posts
This is what I ran in my V-Force it is awsome stuff http://www.evanscooling.com/html/npgPls.htm
I still have it in my wifes V. I cant run the water wetter here in North Dakota or I end up with an ice cube for an engine.

Jay

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See my above post... you guys need to have your facts straight before misleading people. You CAN run Water Wetter with your existing coolant.... it is an additive.. NOT a substitute. NO risk of freezing if you add it to your existing coolant.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Our posts went in at the same time, I always thought it had to be mixed with water so I never even looked at it because of how cold it gets here. I like the Evans.

Jay

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
it shows right on the bottle what the different degrees it runs when it was mixed 50/50 with water, 50/50 with antifreeze and just plain water. So it shows you right there that it can be mixed with antifreeze.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
just curious, before i run out and buy it,(cuz it would be nice to run cooler)has anyone ran it that has a temp gage on their quad/bike and "seen" the difference? cuz alot of companys claim alot of stuff that never happens.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
gofast68 said:
I have not seen a difference on my ATV (I run it with Anti-freeze), but I have seen a difference in my race car. I don't have a gauge on my ATV to know, but from experience in my race car, it works very well.
:thumbsup:. thanks for the feedback bro!

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have personally used this product for years. I ride big V-Twin sportbikes, notable the RC51 and it is notorious for getting hot. When I first purchased my baby I was in Hawaii and had a constant heat problem. My temps dropped around 10 degrees. I went from seeing 220 everyday to not seeing anything over 211. I was very satisfied and still am. I am still running the stock coolant in my quad so far as I have not any heat issues. When I do my next big service though I will add WW. The cocktail I use in my bike is: One bottle Honda Pro-Cool, Water Wetter according to the amount listed, do not use more, and then I fill the rest up with distilled water. If I am running on a track though I use distilled water and water wetter only. Good stuff!

Craig,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.