Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come on people, at least some of us can get together somewere. Rent a MX track/trail park or something. To make it really work we need to do it based on area like conferences like college athletics. The SEC could have it in AL or GA to be central. Ideas :3question:

·
Registered
579 Posts
How about a sand dune some where?

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For it to really work we would need about 5 Raptor Rallys around the U.S. so that most would be able to go to em and would need atleast 70 or better to show up to each one.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I'm game for something at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes in the lower peninsula of Michigan. There are some nice dunes out west I'd like to hit up, but it's a long drive for the large number of members who are well east of the Mississippi.

Hatfield-McCoy trails would be a nice stop as well.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wanna get something up for like the 4th of July? Ill make plans to be there, Ive never rode in a sandbox!

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Maddog56 said:
I'm game for something at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes in the lower peninsula of Michigan. There are some nice dunes out west I'd like to hit up, but it's a long drive for the large number of members who are well east of the Mississippi.

Hatfield-McCoy trails would be a nice stop as well.
I'm in for Silver Lake also..

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
As of 1/1/2007 I have two weeks of vacation to play with, so keep us up to date on whats going on.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I would like to see something happen in the dunes in or around Utah (UT, NV, ID), but not on a holiday weekend.  If we are going to be getting 40-50 members to go, then we will need a lot of camp sites.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
pile0g00 said:
I would like to see something happen in the dunes in or around Utah (UT, NV, ID), but not on a holiday weekend. If we are going to bet getting 40-50 members to go, then we will need a lot of camp sites.
or hotels close by !! :grin_nod:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
Lets get something up for Silverlake for the first weekendin July.
i'll be there :thumbsup:
so will that whore krandall...and his sheep :grin_nod:
and i'll bring friends 2, and naked women so there is no room for krandall in my tent!! :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
Lets get something up for Silverlake for the first weekendin July.
I'll request the time off and start looking at campsites. Any thoughts on which campground or are you going to hotel/cabin it?

In case you don't know, it's a complete clusterbang over there that weekend but it is fun.

Just a weekend or more? I'll probably take a few days off during the week also.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am in for silver lake, i always take that week off and live just noth of grand rapids, not to far away from silver lake

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Im gonna be able to come up for 3 days tops, 2 for sure. Thats something unknown for me up there some one of you guys will have to do all of the planning. Im wanting to go up there for 3 reasons:
1)seems there are more of you up there than us down here.
2)Ive never been to the "dunes" before.
3)to show people that this is what it takes sometimes to get a good thing going(traveling a good distance for a show or rally- car and bike people do it a couple of times a year, why cant we).

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'd be up for Silver Lake also. I don't live to far from there.

4th of July weekend is going to be damn busy... this is good and bad.

The good is all the Rad toys will be there. Lots to do and lots to look/drool at.

The bad is they limit the #'s on the dunes. You have to wait in a queue and camping and lodging are going to be a rarity. Once you are on the dunes however you can stay all day. I suggest we get someone with a truck capable of climbing the entrance hill and load a days supply of food/beverage/fuel and park it on the dunes somewhere.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, I think the atmosphier will be cool having all the people but its a double edge sword. Planning now is key to the success of the "get together" and for it to be something that we would want to do again. Maybe some of our arch rivals the Predators will be there, thier about like us- some run thier traps some have respect ;)

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
Yeah, I think the atmosphier will be cool having all the people but its a double edge sword. Planning now is key to the success of the "get together" and for it to be something that we would want to do again. Maybe some of our arch rivals the Predators will be there, thier about like us- some run thier traps some have respect ;)
oh man, i hope we gon't get in a gang fight< this could be a bilingual blood bath!, the predators vs the raptors vs the ..well you get it... :lol:

i didn't know they "stage" and limit #'s. that's crazy, must not be that big of an area? even with the 100,000 people at glamis on holidays they still don't regulate #'s..how do they let you know when it's your turn? good idea with the truck in plenty of supplys, ie. beer,food,water,beer,and beer...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Couple links you might want to check out regarding Silver Lake

http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandtrails/ParksandTrailsInfo.aspx?id=493

This page has info about the voucher system used.
http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_15070-34760--,00.html

Things to consider.

1)Your exhaust system will be checked for spark arrestor and db level prior to you entering the dunes.
2)Flags are required.
3)A Michigan ORV permit is required. An out of state permit does NOT count.
4)No Alcholic beverages are permitted. This includes the state run campground.
(might want to consider a private campground or motel/hotel if you plan on drinking)

1 - 20 of 90 Posts