Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen a couple people on here with Web Cams. Where can i get one?? Ive been looking for a while and they dont even have the grind listed on their site for a 700. What was the approximate price?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
I talked to Jeff at sparks racing and he said they didn't have one yet but they where testing a new ignition system that did-away with the 5th gear speed sensor. According to Jeff, the 700r made power all the way up to 9000rpm with the new ignition. The down side is the new system won't be available until next spring. I think hotcams has a cam available right now for our quads. I'll be ordering the ignition and cam both from sparks racing when they become available. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for the info. That ignition sounds great. Too bad about the waiting period though. I bet a lot of people are gonna jump on that. Thanks again for the info :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Hey Newbie, I just had a web cam installed at one of the non-dealer atv shop in El Reno, OK called Phil's atv and cycle. Then I had them put it on the dyno. 45hp at 1400 feet above sea level, not bad. I have the LRD pro 4 exshaust and the dynojet powercomander111 controler, plus a K&N pro flow air intake and last a 15 tooth front sprocket. So far I can beat the 450's with only slight modificdations. Think the web cam is great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,586 Posts
You dyno'd with slicks or your knobbies?


With the cams....last I heard Hotcams didnt have anything yet. You can get webs everywhere...they have 3 different grinds. You can get them from trinity, Rocket Factory, and several other locations that are not popping into my head right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
390 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,586 Posts
dyno jet is suppose to be coming up with one too that will plug right into the PCIII! Thats what I am waiting for! :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Grizzlygreg said:
Hey Newbie, I just had a web cam installed at one of the non-dealer atv shop in El Reno, OK called Phil's atv and cycle. Then I had them put it on the dyno. 45hp at 1400 feet above sea level, not bad. I have the LRD pro 4 exshaust and the dynojet powercomander111 controler, plus a K&N pro flow air intake and last a 15 tooth front sprocket. So far I can beat the 450's with only slight modificdations. Think the web cam is great.
Do you know if they ship stuff out or are they just pickup only? Is there more than one grind for the cam or do they only have one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
684 Posts
This is one of the ignitions that the Rocket Factory and I are testing. This thing has any feature you could want
NO SPEED LIMITER
lanch limiter
shift limiter
NOS staging
NOS progression
tach output
shift light
fully adjustable timing curves
fully adjustable fuel maps
complete run back info
plus much more
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
sparky yfz said:
This is one of the ignitions that the Rocket Factory and I are testing. This thing has any feature you could want
NO SPEED LIMITER
lanch limiter
shift limiter
NOS staging
NOS progression
tach output
shift light
fully adjustable timing curves
fully adjustable fuel maps
complete run back info
plus much more
Is it in production yet? Who makes it. Is the timing adjustable by rpm increments, or just a basic timing setting? How far retarded can you go with the timing?

Nemesis, is the Dyna unit still in testing stages or is it available? Whats the cost on it? What does it offer?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,586 Posts
kind a funny that a topic called "web cam" has turned into an ignition topic...haha :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
135boom said:
kind a funny that a topic called "web cam" has turned into an ignition topic...haha :thumbsup:
yeah so much for camshafts huh. but who cares i wanna hear more about the ignition anyways...how does it plug into the 700?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,586 Posts
rappy_700 said:
135boom said:
kind a funny that a topic called "web cam" has turned into an ignition topic...haha :thumbsup:
yeah so much for camshafts huh. but who cares i wanna hear more about the ignition anyways...how does it plug into the 700?
haha.....yep

If its the dyno jet one, it plugs right into the jumper port on the PCIII. If someone else makes It, I have no idea
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
684 Posts
As you can tell in the pictures theres no plug. I have been building wire harnesses for them. And yes the timing can be set in rpm. So far we cant find something this wont do. HAHA It should be out soon, I just have to make some plug in adapters. I will post a full test on this very soon. Im not shure of the final price yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
So back to web cams lol. Is the stage I noticable power? I saw that trinity has them for the 700. Does RF make one for the 700?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
The ones Trinity has on their website are Webs--Stage I & Stage II none of the builders mfg their own Camshafts that I am aware of. Some do work with the major MFG's like Web, Crower and Mega Cycle on custom grinds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
hotcams told me that they should release their cams "for at least the Indy dealer show" ::) I would wait and see :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So what mods do you guys suggest the 700 should have before goin for a stage II web cam? Or should i just go for stage 2 anyways (thats what i usually do.)
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top