Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you guys. Just wondering if anyone ran a cam with out doing anything else to the head or motor. I had to buy my yfz back from my bro, and that kind of wrapped up a good chunk of money...so until that thing goes I am kind a stuck. BUT, I was thinking about picking up the stage I web from trinity for $189. Seems like the cheapest I have found thus far...but I am still looking.
Wondering if anyone has ran just the cam with your 3-mods...and if it did much or anything? It sure sounds like they make a difference with the 734's and such.
Jason at the RF said the stock cam was actually one of the most restrictive pieces on the 700....just isnt aloud to rev.
Anyway...thanks for any input....I want to do some more modding, but have a quad to sell first.

·
Registered
63 Posts
my girls 700 made 49hp with the gen 1 and the 3 mods, CT Pipe,ProFlow,PCIII. my 700 with the 734 kit and the gen 1 made 62 with a heavily ported head, so i think you will be happy with the gaines

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
i just recently updated her cam to the gen 2 and it olny made 2hp more and i had to change the springs, so stay with the gen 1

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where was that extra 2 hp...peak? low? high? ....I hear ya with the springs, doubles the cost. Where did you feel the seat of the pants diff? Is your gen II louder than the gen I. Can you even hear the gen I?
Thanks man...your one of the few that have tried both in a machine! :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I HAVE THE GEN II WITH HIGH COMP PISTON AND IT HAS ALOT OF VALVE NOISE. THE DYNO FROM JUST A WEEK AGO WAS 57HP AT 6700 RPM. I WAS TOLD THAT YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE SPRING KIT ON THE STAGE II AND THAT IS WHAT MAKES ALL THE NOISE. THE POWER MAKES IT ALL WORTH IT THOUGH. 3RD AND 4TH GEAR WITH A 15T SPROCKET ARE JUST PLANE [email protected]#$. IT NEVER STOPS PULLING AND I MEAN PULLING HARD. I AM 6'5" 255 SO THIS IS UNFORMILIAR FOR A GUY OF MY SIZE. :wootwoot:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
49 hp does not seem like that much more than the three mods should give you. Do you have a dyno sheet, so we can see the curve?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am betting he ran knobbies.....otherwise your right, that isnt that great. Not when Randy is making 50.44hp with just the 3 mods!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I would like to see the curve. It it held close to peak (49) for even 500 more rpm it would pull harder than 50.44 with the stock curve. I would like to see how much more I can rev with just a cam.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pile0g00 said:
I would like to see the curve. It it held close to peak (49) for even 500 more rpm it would pull harder than 50.44 with the stock curve. I would like to see how much more I can rev with just a cam.
I hear ya......I am kind a curious about that too. Thats why I was wondering where he felt that extra pull

·
Registered
63 Posts
yeah i will dig that dyno sheet up tonight, it felt stronger in 3rd and 4th gear. the valvetrain is noisy as hell with the gen 2, yes it was dyno'd on knobbies i figure more about 54hp on slicks, also im at 1400 ft above sea level so that does change things a little.

·
Registered
82 Posts
SLCRaptor700 said:
what kind of gas do you run? Are you able to run pump gas with the 11 to 1 piston?
:feedback:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
smoked said:
yeah i will dig that dyno sheet up tonight, it felt stronger in 3rd and 4th gear. the valvetrain is noisy as hell with the gen 2, yes it was dyno'd on knobbies i figure more about 54hp on slicks, also im at 1400 ft above sea level so that does change things a little.
Yeah..that would be a decent jump then if you ran knobbies. It would be nice to see that dyno if you find it! :thumbsup:

...still not sure about going with the stage II for twice the cost and having all that noise....but the 2hp does sound good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts