Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just thought i would voice my opinions on Ocotillo Wells CA, a few years back I bought a 400EX and my first trip out with that particular bike was to Ocotillo, on that trip I decided how much I disliked riding there do to the warm weather and all the rocks. On that trip I popped the the front left crappy OTSU tire and told myself I would never go there again..........So two weeks ago I bought a Raptor 700 and we made our way out to Ocotillo wells to break it in.......Lets just say after a whole day of riding in 90 degree weather I popped the front left crappy dunlop tire, so if anyone is planning on going to Ocotillo for the first time and they ride hard, try getting some 6-ply ITP tires otherwise keep in mind you might get a flat.......I have run the ITP's a dozen times out there and have never had a problem......SORRY....HAD TO VENT.........CAN'T STAND RIDING IN DIRT ANYMORE.........ALL ABOUT THE SAND NOW

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry to hear about your experience there. I also had a 400 but never had a problem riding out there? I do however try to miss the jagged rocks and boulders? We are planning a trip down there on Nov. 3rd, How much are the ITP tires?

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
hey dung beetle? where you out there on sunday? me and my friends were out there aswell, i was on a white rappy 700, with a yellow z 400 and a black yfz,...i seen a bunch of raptors, a few new 07 se's and some white ones'...there is a lot of sharp rocks, but popping a tire can happen anywhere. where else do you ride that has less rocks.. ??? i'd like to find some place as big and with a lot of different terrain. and less rocks would be great, but i don't want to just do 100% dune riding either...did you stay in one area? or check out all the places on the map?.
i am going to post pics this week. overall i liked the place, i went to a place way worse for rocks than OCT wells .. "A" street in parris, ..makes oct wells look like a sand dune.. nothign but rocks,.....i hateed that place and can see why you wouldnt like oct wells, but all in all, it seemed pretty good, i had fun, but then again,i didn't get to ride for 3 weeks before that, so maybe i was just itching to ride :thumbsup:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep i was out there on sunday we parked at Main street.....I have a yellow special edition Raptor 700 my friend has a blue one and another friend brought his special edition 450....I guess I have just had bad luck at Ocotillo and want to ride more hills than Ocotillo can offer....I know the place in Perris that you are talking about, it is "A" street off of ethanac rd. We tend to go out past Palm Springs to Desert Center, it is on Rice road on the way out to Arizona, we will be out there this weekend. Pretty much "rock free" there. We rode all around, over to devils slide then played around behind BLOW SAND in the sandy bank turns and then in the washes. :thumbsup: :'( :eek:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
dude i wish i woulda knew i would went for a ride with ya, i bet i seen you, cuz i was checking out all the other raptors, i will post pics tomarrow, maybe you'll say, hey i seen that guy :grin_nod:
, that place your going this weekend sounds fun

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully I can get some real tires before this weekend, I can't stand riding on those stock p.o.s tires

·
Registered
128 Posts
hey guys, been riding in Ocotillo for years, but i also like going to Baja. I hope I have a chance to meet you guys for one weekend. I always Stay at County line north side. about 400 feet from the wash.

hope to see you some day.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool sounds good......I always stay @ Wolf Wells Rd. or Main St.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
That was my first time there, we were parked at the COVE, but yeah we will have to meet up sometime, sounds fun. :thumbsup:
it was nice that they have picnic tables and shade and BBQ pits, we could bring some meat and coook it up and just hang out :thumbsup:

·
Registered
494 Posts
I was in Ocotillo from sunday at 445PM-mon 944am. I camped on Main St. I only rode blowsand cuz it was me and my friend, who didnt have a quad to ride. When we got there it was still in the 90s. Next morning it got hot fast, so we went to Palomar Mtn for the evening.

My opinion of Ocotillo is that its close to Oceanside(1.5-2hrs) pulling a toybox, full of rocks, not enough sand, and very dusty. I would have rather gone to Glamis, but it would have been a waste of time, with one bike.

Ill be in Gordons Well for Thanksgiving, if everything goes as planned.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i think i may have seen your rig on my way out, the cones seem familier...wish i had knowen, dang, look at that, all there raptor forums guys going,and we didn't even meet up!!>. :3question:
next time, :thumbsup:

·
Registered
494 Posts
We should set a date sometime and invade the desert with Raptors!

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
hell yeah, i been dying to check out our quad, can you post some new pics on here? i was trying to look back for some..

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HOW ABOUT THE FIRST HALF OF DECECMBER WE MAKE A GROUP TRIP TO OCOTILLO :'( OR MAYBE GLAMIS :grin_nod: IT WOULD BE COOL TO MEET EVERYONE

·
Registered
37 Posts
There is a site for riders (both bike and quad) that goes out quite often. The people in it are from all over the place. It ranges from novice to expert but the commoradarie is great! plus you get to meet new riders! Here is there site:

http://norcal.ridersonline.org/

they have a trip planned for this weekend in Ocotillo Wells, I'll be there along with some others!
Kam.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
are you going to be there sat or sunday? or both days?...i'd like to try to get down there if i can

·
Registered
494 Posts
Ill be in Glamis late fri night till sunday morning.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i can't make it this weekend, not with thanksgiving coming up, i need to save $$< , me and about 3 friends are going to be in glamis 23-26th nov,.. so i'd like to see you there if you can make it,...so you can show me what speed is all about. :thumbsup:
yeah i'm suppose to get a bonus check on the 15th of the month, but my own company can't even tell me how much i'm going to get...so the lowest is 200$, up to like maybe 1500.00,.. what ever i get is going into parts, i'm hoping at least 4-600$ at least, so i can get the PCIII and intake, and mayyybe a slip on ...shit, i'll be happy even with 200, then i can at least put in towards a pcIII,.... my goal was to get at least the "3" mods done before then glamis...we'll see...i'm praying for the best..

·
Registered
494 Posts
Ill be in Gordons Well for Thanksgiving.

I also have a Trinity full exhaust, Pro Design intake with Uni dual stage filter for sale, and a custom slip on with factory connector, glass pack muffler with turn down.

Im in Oceanside. If your want to buy any of this stuff and are willing to drive, shoot me a pm.

·
Registered
287 Posts
hey looks like this turned in to the whos going rid'n post. was going to gordons, but one of my buddies bailed on me so i'll be at glamis from late thurs ( sweet thats today!!!) till mon morn. I ride a red/grey 700 and another buddy has awht700 and a few 660s. dont have any pics, but we'll be two sand piper sports. a 36 tow behind and my new 40' 5'er. by buddy has a big azz silver dodge thats kind of hard to miss. If any one spots us stop by everyones welcome. latter
Billy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts