Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to the local drags this past sunday. Me, 205lbs, 07 Raptor completely stock. Mexican kid, 120lbs, 07 Raptor SE (black and orange) completely stock also. From what I know the SE doesn't have any difference in performance, just looks? It was my first time trying to launch in 2nd gear and it feels so much better. But the kid was always winning by 2 quads. Is being almost 100lbs heavier play a role in me to keep losing?

·
Registered
57 Posts
This is a very big factor in drag races. I have been duning for years and won't race light people anymore. :mad: This is the very reason YFZ's seem so fast- majority of their riders are less than 160 pounds. Race one with same mods and same size rider and you will walk away ;) In my experience, 20lb's even can make a diff on hillclimbs

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
My son races adults that weigh 100 to 150 all the time and beats them. Funny to see the look on their faces when they get beat by a 15 year old punk.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys!! now, will the 3-mod w/ Barkers exhaust, help me blow this kid away and have him take his dads quad home?:mad:

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
It will be a completely different machine. What kind of drag racing are you doing? Pavement?

If your interested feel free to give us a call. I can talk with you about getting your bike setup to spank this kid.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Yeah, I raced my super tiny skinny ass friend on his stock 450r and he had me by about a 1/2 length..

also, for future posts. maybe instead of me VS. a mexican kid, you could say, me vs a skinny guy...
I know you didn't mean anything by it, but it could sound pretty bad. And opens up the door for racial remarks etc... but it's all good :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Rider skill is also a huge factor.... = weight riders at diff skill levels... but the lbs. is definately a factor. 3 mods with duals is more than a 25% increase!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
262 Posts
I was once told that every 10 pounds is 1 HP don't know how much truth is to it but does anyone else know another scale?

·
Registered
256 Posts
At 225 on my 06 stock 700 with 20x10-8 extremes, I consistently lost by 2 bike lengths to a guy that probably weighed about 180, on a stock 07 SE2 with sandstars. This was on the back drag strip at Pismo.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Raptorjunkyard said:
I was once told that every 10 pounds is 1 HP don't know how much truth is to it but does anyone else know another scale?
I actually heard it was that you lost 1 hp for every 5 pounds. Not sure which is true.

It makes more sende the 10pds...so if someone is 100 pound lighter then you its like they have an extra 10 hp over you!

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
damn, so my raptor has like 0 horsepower with me on it....Time to get my stomach stapled! hahaha

·
Registered
994 Posts
NICK said:
damn, so my raptor has like 0 horsepower with me on it....Time to get my stomach stapled! hahaha
You can't be that big, can you?

I'm 249. On a diet though. Lost a pound already. :D

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
about 260ish maybe some more, scared to get on a scale....
i'm about 6'1 . but I need to start dieting bad!! i gaing like 40 lbs in the last year!!!!! ahhhhh

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
NICK said:
i'm about 6'1 . but I need to start dieting bad!! i gaing like 40 lbs in the last year!!!!! ahhhhh
I need to diet bad 6'4 320 :( Starting next week I hope i can do it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'm 6'4 -260..and i need to lose 30-40 pounds too!

In a way..thats prolly the best bang for your buck! Lose some weight for us big guys and have more horse power on the quad! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
596 Posts
damn got some big boys here.......dont lose your weight to beat some kid. if your gonna lose it lose it for yourself. not to go faster

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Sand84 said:
NICK said:
I need to diet bad 6'4 320 :( Starting next week I hope i can do it :thumbsup:
6'1" 290lbs here been hiting the gym hard to lose wait befor I have to slap on a penguin suit april next year :grin_nod:

·
Registered
496 Posts
ha ya i would like to be under 200 again. lol im 6' mayb 6'1 and like 215......yeahhh. i do go to gym almost everyday and always go play/run around outside also and have a soccer practice and game each week so maybe i can lose it, :crazy:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.