Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any easy weight reduction tricks besides removing the parking brake and eating a lot of salads? :grin_nod:

And to remove the parking brake, do I need a blockoff plate? Where do they go? What else might I need?

·
Registered
65 Posts
get lightweight tries and wheels, i think there can go the most weight. just my .02

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now I'm running Maxxis Razr's on stock wheels. What are most of you guys running for wheels? Won't I be smart to get beadlocks? Just rear beadlocks or both?

·
Registered
145 Posts
you can get a different swingarm thats less beefy and ligther also the rear axle, durablue make supposedly really light ones

·
Registered
65 Posts
i run itp beadlocks and 22 holeshots all around, note really heavy, but i need the extra inches cuz i ride mostly trails and race offroad/hare scramble.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I like the idea of having a parking break. why do ya want to shave weight? Ideas are bumper to alum. Titanium exhaust sys, lighter wheels, and 2 ply tires...sprockts and hubs, brake rotors, remove head/tail lights, alum foot pegs, no/plastic skids, less gas, membership to the gym.

·
Registered
176 Posts
yup...weight reduction of you is probably where youre going to have the best luck..unless youre a pencil already ;) I know that at 6'4 240 I could afford to lose a few lbs..lol

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, yeah I'm 6' and 195lb's. Unfortunately (well, in this case anyways), I'm muscularly built so I don't have much bodyfat weight hanging around... I could maybe loose 7-8 lb's but not much more than that.

·
Registered
65 Posts
lucky im only 140lbs :grin_nod:

·
Registered
176 Posts
danos660r said:
230, i aint loosen any...TDL...(too damn'd lazy)
yup, same here and...im not giving up the :beer: either!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts