Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day i posted about my raptor that when i tapped the throttle it bogged down and such, so i adjusted the air fuel mixture and it worked. i rode it today and it ran like a champ.

so as i was driving it home from the woods i was on a main street and i got it into fifth or sixth gear and it started dying out. so i downshifted and it just stalls out on me. so i had a problem and said how am i going to get it home, so i turned the choke up a little bit and it got me home fine. then i turned the choke off and tapped the gas and it did the same problem.

what do you guys think?
THANK YOU

·
Registered
893 Posts
Plugged pilot jet. Need to run a wire through it. Blowing it out never works. It is such a tiny orifice that when something gets stuck in it, dislodging it with a wire is the only option.

·
Registered
893 Posts
It's tiny like a strand of copper wire. I don't know the exact diameter, but it is tiny.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i definately think it is clogged because everything else runs fine, but i think its cleaning itself out so i think something got clogged in the process.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
update

i figured out the problem, you wont believe it, the fuel line was crimped so it was not able to get enough fuel to the carb to run correctly. thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
I thought it sounded lik eyou were running out of gas. I would have switched to reserve when it did that. and when that didnt work i would have just choked it home.

Good to know. ill check that next time im mysteriously running out of gas on a full tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts