Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ever since i've owned my raptor, its been making all kinds of rattles and winding noises....for one, whenver i sit on the seat and bounce, the quad makes a popping/clicking sound...it also makes this sound whenver i pick up on the grab bar (i'm thinking maybe a loose frame bolt)....it also slightly whines whenver i'm on the road, almost like a wheel bearing on a car?....are these just normal noises for raptors, or should i have them fixed

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
The second noise is normal they all do that but the first popping noise doesn't sound normal. I would try and locate the source of the sound if I were you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think the popping noise is coming from where my grab bar bolts to the frame, or maybe at the start of the swingarm....its a popping whenever i pickup on the grab bar, but whenever im riding and go over bumps, it makes a clicking noise, also whenver i just bounce on the seat it makes the noise....i guess i'll check all my frame bolts and make sure theyre tight

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah check those grab bar bolts and maybe have someone else put there head down there while you jump upanddown on it to try and isolate where the sound is coming from. Also you can pull the pivot bolt out of the swingarm and grease it up really good and reinstall it very easy. It may be dry! Just brainstorming here :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
the whinning noise could be the chain roller. the stock roller only has one bearing and a bushing. get an aftermarket roller with two bearings.

·
Valley Boy
96 Posts
I took some chain oil and sprayed it into the chain roller. I could be crazy but I thought it was a little quieter after. I may look into better roller just cause I have a thing with little noises :)

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
My sub frame makes a creaking noise when I lift up on the grab bar and push down on it too, it's done it since I've had it. I've been over the bolts many times and it still does it, I quit worrying about it a long time ago :D

·
Registered
521 Posts
t.m designworks power lip roller

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys, I'm new to the site and was actually searching for an answer to the same question regarding the whinning noise. I thought it was a wheel bearing going bad but could not figure it out. So the whinning noise is common? Has anyone been able to isolate the source? It's really buggin me and I would like to get it sorted out. Thanks for any furtther input.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts