Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My computer is on the fritz at home and my work schedule isnt the best in the world so its been fun the last couple of weeks. I got my Raptor back together after the wreck. I had to replace the front bumper, rear grab bar, handle bars, steering stem, front steel part of the frame, radiator, axle, headlights, and A-arms. :confused:. Its almost over now thank God. Well, just got off the dynojet and have got good enough #s to say what I got:
Full GYTR exhaust and intake
11:1 +1mm Wiseco piston
full port on the cylinder head
Stock computer program(still)
stock cam, valves and springs
VP Fuels 101 Streetblaze gasoline
Lid on:50.05rwhp/45.76rwtq
Lid off:52.60rwhp/47.79rwtq
The A/F is unknown really since the one at the dyno didnt want to cooperate and the plug looks good(sooty black around the adges and whiteish electrode). I will get back to the dyno when he figures out the problem with the wideband and will post up better results. Not too shabby without touchin the valvetrain and program :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No doubt, its something Im gettin here in the next few weeks. Im just gettin the thing back together and just was wonderin how it is at the moment mechanicaly. The stock tires are about half way wore out and are at 5psi at the moment so if I had some "dyno" tires I think it would be at the 55ish # or better.

·
Registered
644 Posts
alvaro3jr said:
So you got those numbers with no controller what so ever. Wouldn't you be way lean?
Yeah, WAY too lean.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not as bad as you would think. The plug actually is black sooty with a white-ish electrode. The very few times we could get the wideband to work it showed 14.1 and then would quit working :( so it being lean is fact. I havent rode it but 3 short times to run the engine in and 4 pulls on the dyno. Its parked awaiting more parts(programmer is one of em). I mainly wanted a baseline ;)

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
Not as bad as you would think. The plug actually is black sooty with a white-ish electrode. The very few times we could get the wideband to work it showed 14.1 and then would quit working :( so it being lean is fact. I havent rode it but 3 short times to run the engine in and 4 pulls on the dyno. Its parked awaiting more parts(programmer is one of em). I mainly wanted a baseline ;)

13.8 to 14.1 is what I shoot for on the 700R's The black soot on the ring is strictly from the cold start enrichment and will do that no matter how lean or fat the curve is, at least in my experience anyway.
The knobbies on the dyno is costing you HP big time, get some dyno tires and a PCIII and you going to get some impressive numbers out of it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
so wait.....he's still running without a fuel controller? :unsure:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts