Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone wants to know how long it takes to get an engine out of one of these things I started at 10:00am this morning and just set er down on the floor. Wasnt too bad, even left to go have lunch with my family at a BBQ joint(hit the spot BTW, sweet tea...gotta love it). Anyone wants to PM or email me questions feel free to do so, been there done that. Gonna take it to the machine shop to take it apart and sleeve the cylinder 1mm over and take the head back home so I can work some magic on it like this VTEC head I did a few weeks ago:

·
Registered
172 Posts
What made the motor hard to get out? How much do you think the Raptor motor ways?

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will weigh it tomorrow, it wasnt hard to get out. Its kinda decieving on the time today, I also took everything off like all the plastic, gas tank, induction system, steering stem....Im strippin it all down since Im swappin frames again.

·
Registered
172 Posts
all ok kool. So what kind of a frame are you getting?

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another stock one that I gusseted the steel part(I gusseted the aluminum half of the one Ive got now so Im going to combine the gusseted halves). The engine weighs 116lbs :thumbsup:, weighed it just now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts