Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little bro took a low speed flop over on my Raptor today, basically just slowly rolled partially on it's side and a bit upside down. Clutch lever, handlebars, one headlight mounting bracket, and the plastic is fubar. Just a friendly reminder to keep it rubberside down. :crazy:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Diddly,

Is your brother ok? Sorry about the quad.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah he is fine, it was such a slow roll that he was pretty much standing back up before it was done.

R

·
0 Posts
Rolled mine this weekend and now my bars look like a motorcycle bars they are bent down so far. All the levers are bent down too.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess on a bright note I can justify picking up a set of X-bars with the Vapor dashboard clamp. Anyone have any pics? Also is the clutch lever specific to a Raptor or can I pick up a universal one?

·
Registered
786 Posts
I dont have any pics, but after my roll over it bent the brake lever. So I trimmed a couple inches off the end so now if it does roll, the levers wont be the first thing to hit the ground.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The sad part is that the plastics for the 07 SE are not out yet for purchase on line. All the other parts are the same as the 06's so you shouldnt have a problem getting them. Sorry to hear about the crash ! :(

R

·
0 Posts
SWFRider said:
The sad part is that the plastics for the 07 SE are not out yet for purchase on line. All the other parts are the same as the 06's so you shouldnt have a problem getting them. Sorry to hear about the crash ! :(
Yea my plastic has those white marks to where they got bent, but luckily I got the blue one.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Raptor_Ryder7 said:
SWFRider said:
Yea my plastic has those white marks to where they got bent, but luckily I got the blue one.
heat gun can fix the white stress marks in no time :thumbsup:

Diddly
look at getting some asv leavers

http://asvinventions.com/levers_order/

http://asvinventions.com/levers_order/quad_atv/index.html

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
I rolled mine at the top of 3rd and pretty much messed up the front part of the frame, layed the steering stem back against the tank and smashed the radiator and both headlights and front bumper and rear grab bar and .......This is why mine is stripped down right now doin a frame swap and some upgrades while Im there$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
623 Posts
damn, guess i got lucky with my bike. it went end over end at the top of 4th.

ended up replacing 2 rims, rear subframe, one arm, clutch lever, one headlight, throttle casing and i think thats it. plastics were just scratched up.

sucks you had such bad luck on a simple roll.

·
Registered
572 Posts
wow,alot of damge from a small fall. sorry to hear. i feel real hard twice already, i got just a tad bit hurt[bumps bruises,rash] my bike rolled over ME 3 times down a hill and i only have slight bend in the handle bars and scratched plastic. this was on big rocks also. i did more damage the first time by just lightly tilting it over on top of a hill than when i rolled down the hill 3 times. my poor new bike was only a week old. i should be shot for doing that. now i need some new bars like in the pic above.where to buy them at a fair price? looks real good.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
robrob25 said:
how do you go about fixing the white "stress" marks on blue plastics with a heat gun.
Just heat the stressed area slowly, but be careful not to melt it. I'm not sure how but it works. :thumbsup: It won't 100% get rid of the stress mark, but it will be way less noticeable.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Diddly said:
robrob25 said:
how do you go about fixing the white "stress" marks on blue plastics with a heat gun.
Just heat the stressed area slowly, but be careful not to melt it. I'm not sure how but it works. :thumbsup: It won't 100% get rid of the stress mark, but it will be way less noticeable.
did it with my 660 it works VERY well if you take your time and heat the under side of the plastic as well as the top side :thumbsup:

Before

Halfway

Done

ill tell ya for an 04 660 thats been to hell and back it looks dam good still oh and spray a little pledge and let it sit over night then wipe it all down makes it look liek brand new plastics

·
Registered
521 Posts
I clipped a tree with my right front tire, caused the bars to jam my right hand(to be expected with no damper). Left front dug in and flipped me over the bars. When I got up quad was on its side, lower a-arm was pretzeled, tire was only held on by the brake line(ripped all the ball joint's out). Shock ends bent, headlight busted, radiator bent, frame above the upper shock mount bent, and thats only what I can see with nothing tore apart. Oh and I hyper-extended my right wrist and am out of work for a while. WOO-HOO :thumbsup: So far the parts alone are just shy of 3000.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts